Kentucky Bill to Nullify Fed Gun Control

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Oct 12, 2015.

1. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

A piece of paper is not going to stop them from trying to strip away the Rights under the 2nd Amendment. Paper didn't stop the British and it won't stop it now.

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

they've been working on this for a while now. Texas wants out of state handgun sales from people passing through. IIRC they are doing something similar.

3. Good for Kentucky.But that don't mean it will pass both chambers there.And then the Gov. has to sign if it doe's get that far.Unless everything is in perfect alignment,that's a tall order.And then some leftist group would sue and it'd eventually end up at the SCOTUS.
    They legislate from the bench on a regular basis now.Can't trust them to read the USA Constitution and States Rights either.Too many with an 'agenda' or think the US Constitution should apply to 'modern issues',which it don't.You can't bend and shape the US Constitution to fit every poltical agenda.Its either there or it ain't.
    Justice John Roberts and 'obamacare' is a prime example.The feds have the power to tax so Roberts said it was Constitutional.He's full of it.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    It will help the citizens of KY to know their state and county has their backs!
    It will take ALL the gun owners standing together to turn back the Grabbers...

5. The Brady bunch took the Kansas current nullification law to court and the Fed court thru it out stating the leftist group had no legal reason to do so. Also when the Kansas one took effect Holder said he would take it to court, but never did.

The one Kansas has and a few other states have passed are worded better than this one and would be hard for a court rule invalid. They say that 'has the 2nd was understood at the time xxxx became a state'. Which meant free to buy and keep any arms one desired.

FWIW. Both Wisconsin and Minnesota have active bills that are like the Kansas one.

6. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    All preparation and no "H". These States can pass all the pro gun laws they want. It's the Feds that will have the last guns sayso.

7. No they won't.Its We The People and our Ancestors who fought and died for this Country.Not the Feds or the Reds.

8. The Fed gov has neither the legal authority nor the force of power to do that. The fed gov is in a state of decay and can barely take care of itself. There is a reason that the feds have been afraid to take these recent laws into court.

In addition the these type of laws, a state is 100% free to provide by law for arming it's militia.

The Fed gov is like a 3 year old steer in a herd cows that has just had a yearling bull placed in the herd. The steer might be able to try to be the boss and be an annoyance. But the little bull and the cows are going to ignore him and get things done too their satisfaction.

PS

I've posted this a couple times, but will do it again for those that haven't seen it.

From SC decision Houston v. Moore

'The power of the States over the militia is not taken away; it existed in them before the establishment of the constitution, and there being no negative clause prohibiting its exercise by them, it still resides in the States,'

'Congress has only a power concurrent with that of the States, to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining them.'

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  9. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

It's not one piece of paper that will keep the Feds at bay. It's the many pieces of paper used as target practice, that, when the time comes, will be the foundation upon which the Feds are repelled, just like we beat the British - TWICE. Remember we won the Revolutionary War AND The War of 1812.

10. IMO, we need both the ones with words on them and the ones with holes in them. Just in case their reading comprehension is poor for the written word, they'll still be able to understand the paper with holes.

11. undeRGRound

INDY
    No, the CONSTITUTION Will. PERIOD!

+1 BART :D

Much BIGGER than any ruling from the "supremes" is the 2A...
    It is a stand-alone, self protecting amendment to the Bill of Rights
    and that is why they hate it so much!

...nearly Time to make the Founding Fathers PROUD, My Brothers and Sisters!!!

Be ready, be vigilant...

12. ekim

ekim Member

Can I steal this and use it? I like how that says it all.

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    10-4!
    Just put - Mole after the quote :D

14. ArmyScout

IL
    Big talk when there is no danger. When I went through BAC there was a lot of big talk about jumping out of Aircraft. But on the first couple jumps, at 1250 ft above the Earth, all the big talkers were huddled down in their seats and scared S**tless. Big talk is worth about a penny a ton.

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You aren't lying either. I was a big talker myself at Benning. Had to swallow my nuts once I made it to the door for the first time, but at least they didn't have to shove me out of the bird.

16. ArmyScout

IL
    Yep. My first jump was from a C119, they had those little porthole windows. I stood up, looked down, and the cars going down the road looked like Tootsietoys. Kinda made me doubt my decision to go Airborne.

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    I, for one, am depending on you Vets to help us follow through.

Why should we spit on the blood of those who went before us
    to get the freedom we have? Who's to blame if we let that slip away?
    ALL my family have served, I owe it to Them, and all who went before.

You should not try and put a damper on that with derogatory comments :(

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I was just agreeing that when it comes time, talk is cheap if you can't swallow your nuts and jump.

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    That's the definition of COURAGE. Facing a fear and "just do it".
    No One wants to have to defend themselves and maybe face death!
    But we prepare for it just in case. We train, we simulate, we run through
    scenarios in our heads, and maybe if that day comes, we can persevere.
    The "been there done that" crowd should be supportive rather than scoff.