Komifornia bans all .45 ACP

Discussion in 'HPFF Comedy' started by ex_isp, Apr 19, 2015.

1. They are at it again in there mis-informed and ignorant ways...

nytimes.com.co/california-implements-statewide-ban-on-all-45-acp-ammunition/

The California Legislature has passed a controversial Assembly Bill that creates a ban on the future sale and ownership of all .45 ACP ammo. The bill states that the ban on the popular ammunition is in effect immediately, however does include a 60 day grace period prior to state law enforcement enforcing the ban.

Though the ban has created a clear divide among the citizens of California, it’s said to be widely supported by political figures across the state. Many politicians and citizens alike feel that that ban is a clear infringement of California citizen’s second amendment rights, however; many feel that the ban is a positive step towards much needed gun control.

Joshua Lancaster, a spokesperson from the office of Governor Jerry Brown, made the following statement to the press, “The time to make clear cut changes surrounding our current gun laws is here. The ban on this unnecessary ammunition is a major step towards a safer society for our children. There are no obvious or justifiable reasons for one to own or use semi-automatic handgun ammunition of that caliber, if 9mm and .40 S&W rounds are sufficient for our police force to protect us with, they are sufficient for any private citizen’s personal protection.

The ban does extend to .45 GAP ammunition; however has an exemption for .45 Colt ammunition, which is used exclusively in revolvers and can often be found at Cowboy – Action games. According to state officials, the .45 Colt ammunition is less of a concern, as statistically far fewer crimes are carried out with the use of revolvers. The bill’s primary objective was to reduce the use of dangerous, high powered, semi-automatic handguns.

California is the first state to ban the .45 ACP ammunition; however several government representatives across the United States have said they will be keeping a close eye on the outcome of the bill. Many representatives from democratic leaning states have indicated they would be willing to follow suit if a clear connection can be made to the reduction of violent crimes. California officials are confident in their ability to show a drastic reduction to violent crimes well before the end of the year and are hopeful the ban will be implemented on a federal level prior to then.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    "Joshua Lancaster, a spokesperson from the office of Governor Jerry Brown, made the following statement to the press, “The time to make clear cut changes surrounding our current gun laws is here. The ban on this unnecessary ammunition is a major step towards a safer society for our children. There are no obvious or justifiable reasons for one to own or use semi-automatic handgun ammunition of that caliber, if 9mm and .40 S&W rounds are sufficient for our police force to protect us with, they are sufficient for any private citizen’s personal protection."

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/californi...e-ban-45-acp-ammunition/#sthash.AWlfUyq0.dpuf

Two words, you freaking California morons...Ten Millimeter.:cool:

3. I'm saying that this isn't true, but everyone might want to check the org source of this information. Read a few of the other articles they have. Ones like:

"2016 presidential hopeful Marco Rubio was arrested on Wednesday in Phoenix, Arizona, after refusing to show police officers a green card or proof of his American citizenship following a routine traffic stop."

"Country music superstar Loretta Lynn, known throughout the world as the “Coal Miner’s Daughter” was confirmed as the 83rd Attorney General of the United States in a midnight vote"

"A spokesman for President Obama announced today, that the Internal Revenue Service has been asked to study the economic feasibility of giving atheists the same federal tax exempt status as that extended to religious groups"

http://nytimes.com.co/

I can't find much about a Joshua Lancaster living in CA that isn't linked to this.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah, that article did not even smell right. Kaliforniastan does some stupid things, but there is no way that they could just ban a caliber of ammo overnight. There would have been some serious publicity if it had been under discussion at all.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

its false guys look at the source nytimes.com.co its probably some bs link bait site.

6. lsi1

lsi1 Member

Ask the residents of NY what can happen to your gun rights overnight.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Easy to confirm. What is CTD selling .45ACP for?

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

LMFAO, you beat me to it.

9. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Plenty of .45 acp ammo at the (4) LGS I visited yesterday

10. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Love that you dug a little into the background. Thanks!

11. Branth

Branth Member

I read the headline and literally said "Are you ******* kidding me!?"

Usually, when we're talking about California, they're not. Apparently, this time, they were! :p

12. 0311

0311 Member

I'd just sell a couple 1911's & get a Desert Eagle 50 AE.

13. The one I REALLY liked (not) was

"In response to an email from a supporter in Iowa, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she would consider naming current President Barack Obama to the US Supreme Court if she won the 2016 presidential race, provided she decides to run, while hinting that he might be given a cabinet position if “the legality […]

The post Hillary Would Consider Naming Obama To Supreme Court After 2016 Win appeared first on National Report."

Can you freaking imagine??? Glad it's just another "Onion" site!!!!

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
  15. countryshooter

countryshooter Member

No more .45 acp? Ok....heerrmmmm.... say ello to ma leetal friend .460 Rowland

16. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    You're more than welcome, clad you finally figured it out. [​IMG]

17. Very true. I think that every NYer that decides to leave the state needs to send Cuomo a bill for related expenses of their relocation. maybe a nice class action suit wuld open the eyes of Albany and NYC. At minimum, any NYer leaving the state needs to take the time to write his Unholyness a letter telling him exactly why they have chosen to leave "His Kingdom". That's what my wife, room mate, and I did. Still waiting on his reply, but not holding my breath by any means. :mad:

I'm not saying that the Unsafe Act and the Sullivan At were my only reasons for leaving, but I will admit that they were contributing factors.