Korth Sky Marshal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, Jan 17, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2015/01/16/korth-sky-marshal/

Korth will be showing the Sky Marshal revolver at the 2015 SHOT Show. This six-shot wheelgun is chambered in 9mm and does not need to use moon clips to chamber or extract correctly.

Here’s what we know so far…

The Korth Sky Marshal is a revolver chambered for the “rimless” 9mm

The Sky Marshal has a number of interesting characteristics beyond the 9mm use. One of the most obvious is the addition of a Picatinny rail along the right side of the barrel. Many people like to add a white light to their defensive handguns, and this would give buyers an easy way to do so.

The Sky Marshal is a relatively compact revolver with a 2″ barrel and full underlug. It does not appear to be a replacement for a J-frame revolver, but might serve as a nice alternative to a Model 19 with a 2″ barrel.

The gun weighs 19.75 ounces unloaded. All things considered, that seems like a pretty reasonable weight. The 9mm is a high pressure round and can feel a little like a .357 Magnum load when using +P or +P+ ammo. Going too light can cause problems like bullet jump and can make shooting the gun unpleasant.

Double action and single action shooting are possible with this Korth revolver. The hammer is skeletonized.

Attached Files:

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

A'right......but now my eyes are bleedin'.......

3. tallbump

I am not much of a wheel gun guy (except for the Rough Rider and the Judge) but I kinda want one.

I actually really like the looks. Looks like something Taurus would make, mating a revolver with the PT22.

Attached Files:

4. Kiln

Kiln Member

Looks extremely ugly. Also, who in the hell wants to add a tac light to the side of a revolver? That thing will be practically impossible to carry if you put ANY accessory on the side.

Basically all they managed to do is make an incredibly ugly revolver that probably costs over a year's worth of wages for the average shooter.

5. IIRC Korth's are known for being very expensive. Probably could by two or three Ruger GP100s for the price of a Korth. 3 inch, 4 inch, and 6 inch. If I bought a 9mm revolver I think I would prefer the clips instead of speed loaders. But CA makes both 40 S&W and 9mm revolvers, but they are 5 shot.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Let's see...9mm...check.

6 shots...or more...check.

12.7 oz unloaded...check.

3.1 inch barrel...check.

Rail...check.

Yep I'm sold, those specs will work.

Here's my version of that gun, just bought it today, $265 OTD.
    Keltec PF-9.

[​IMG]

7. Kiln

Kiln Member

That'd be my choice too with the specs preferred.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The MSRP on the Korth is too high...

9. undeRGRound

INDY
  10. undeRGRound

INDY

Better Yet, a P-11
    Or a SCCY! (wait, I have that!)

11. Kiln

Kiln Member

Now that I've rethought it, I like the side rail. I wonder if you can add a red dot and shoot it gang banger style?!?

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    LOL, You saw my post on the guns.com website comments!!!

The Pic I posted:
    [​IMG]

13. This dumb. Want a 9mm revolver get a charter arms. Nice and cheap.
    But I don't get the point of a 9mm revolver when there are so many semis.
    Now it would be cool to get a convertible option. Between .357 and 9mm.
    I love wheel guns. But I hate that gun.

14. ekim

ekim Member

IMO, That gun fits the description of a Saturday night special, after a Saturday of drinking you would have to buy that at night as it's to ugly to buy at day time even if your drunk. Glock's look better than that thing.

15. tallbump

Wow, guess I'll be the only one on here with one huh? Not that it will ever happen. But I would if I could :D

16. There are just so many better revolvers for less. Ruger gp100, the SP-101 is gorgeous.
    Closest I would come to that thing is a S&W TRR-8 all black 8 shot. 357. Fiber optic sights and a rail ON TOP and bottom, where they are supposed to be.

17. I prefer the bottom rail only

Attached Files:

18. I would like to have the CA 9mm, but just not at this time. Hopefully one will show up used at the LGS for a decent price. 9mm in a short barrel IMO will outperform a caliber based on a black powder round. Semi auto cases build pressure with less powder than revolver rounds. The right 9mm load would outperform 38 spl +P without the recoil of 357 in a short barrel revolver. But the Korth is just too expensive, and having a rail on a pocket revolver is a joke.

The CA also does not need moon clips, though I like the idea of moon clips.

19. tallbump

I'm sure there are. I just really like the look of this thing for some reason. i also like that it shoots 9mm.

Honestly, I really can't give a good explanation as to why i like it...but I do

20. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I like it too. But I like Hi Points and Glocks:)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum