Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the wife just got her CWP on thursday, we decided to go shopping for her a new pistol to celebrate. she already has her Rossi .38 snubby but she wanted a semi auto for moments when she might need a thinner package to conceal. instantly drawn to the kel-tec family of guns once we arrived at the gun store and promptly she found the pf-9 in blueish gray to her liking as far as fitting her hand and nothing really to snag when she pulls it. while we're putting it on layaway the salesman said "we've got this used Kel-tec that might fit Mr. Krippps hands a little better." Never fired, only about 3 months old and only $119.00. he then proceeded to hand me this little P-11 and instantly i was in love, bought it and put the wifes PF-9 on layaway as we had originally planned. Now tell me if it's true that the P-11's can take the 9mm smith and wesson mags and if so, what series of smith's are we talking about? one more thing, was that a fair price for a slightly used P-11? I haven't been shopping for them but it seemed to me that is was very fair. Never hurts to have a backup for my .40 Sigma anyway I guess.

·
Registered
870 Posts
+119 to the $119 deal :D

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a link to the Keltec owners group. http://www.ktog.org/

I think $119 is one heck of a deal. I would have bitten.
thanks for the link and the 119 price was just to good to pass on, spending the extra this week makes it a little tighter all around but some deals you just can't pass on. kinda why i wanted to lock in to your sks yesterday, just 2 good to pass up

G

·
I paid $225 for mine used. I know I would jump on a $119 P-11. There used to be a guy on Ebay that sold brand new mags for these for $10 each. That is where I got my extra mags. There is a S&W mag that will fit it but I do not know what one. Z71 might he has had a few p-11s. I am set to buy a 2nd P-11 the wife said she wanted a weapon staged in the bathroom next to the shower. So we designed a small holster that sits on the towel rack that gets covered by a towel. We will use a P-11 for this.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Awesome deal. I bet you have to sell me one of your Mosins to make up for it! ;)
On another note: Dude, do you remember what happened with Robertoj's P11 at the SC/NC shoot?
Just saying. ;)

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
S&W 59 and 69 series mags, but only factory S&W, not copies. I can't get any of the copies to work, but I keep trying...

I got mine new for $250 out the door, so, yeah, $119 is spectacular.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome deal. I bet you have to sell me one of your Mosins to make up for it! ;)
On another note: Dude, do you remember what happened with Robertoj's P11 at the SC/NC shoot?
Just saying. ;)
yeah, i remember what happened to his, but 4 firing pins in the wifes 995 and we still trust that gun. do you want a mosin? it might be possible to work out a deal on one soon, i remember how much you enjoyed shooting mine in Tenn. Always willing to work out a deal for you

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
OK guys, here is the story.....at that time, I thought that I had a broken firing pin and I called KT and about 5 days later, I had a new firing pin in the mail but, when I tried to get the old one out of the slide, I discovered that the tip of the screw that holds the firing pin in place and also holds the extractor leaf spring in place, had broken inside the firing pin channel, effectively blocking the action of the firing pin and preventing the extraction of the firing pin.

I send the slide with a letter explaining, (just the slide) to Kel Tec and 2 weeks later, via UPS I get this package containing a new slide, barrel, guide pin & recoil spring! A whole new upper assembly!

I have to say that I have had some issues with it but, the service has been
excellent and if you become a member of the Kel Tec forum, you will see that there are more people satisfied with their product, than vice versa.

They say that the highest form of flattery is imitation and Ruger, cannot make their LCP's fast enough. I think I'll keep my Kel Tecs!

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, you know me, I can't leave well enough alone and instead of just buying a new grip from Kel-tec in OD green, of course I had to bring out the trusty spray bomb and perform a little makeover to the thing

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice pictures. I am looking at adding one of these to the collection but the wish list seems to get longer every time I log on to the forum.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
the wish list seems to get longer every time I log on to the forum.
Amen to that!

A buddy of mine had a P-11 like that. I didn't care for it much, it definitely wasn't accurate enough to plink with, it was known to jam/spit hot powder out with the shell, and the shells generally came back right in my face when I shot it. Hopefully you will have better luck with yours though.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
krippp,

When I had my P11 (bout 8-9 years back) I had two KT mags and several S&W 59xx series mags. The 59xx mags worked great in my pistol. Like someone else said, use ONLY S&W mags or you will have issues.

·
1,792 Posts
119 Wins all day long. Awsome deal my man!!! :p:)

G

·
Kripp congrats on buying 2 fabulous guns. My wife is wanting either a KT or an LCP. She seems to love the LCP for some reason and had promised me a new Ruger if I bought her the LCP. Both will have to Wait a little while though. I have noticed a ton of accessories are made for either now and Ruger can't keep up with demand. Although GunBroker seems to be full of both.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kripp congrats on buying 2 fabulous guns. My wife is wanting either a KT or an LCP. She seems to love the LCP for some reason and had promised me a new Ruger if I bought her the LCP. Both will have to Wait a little while though. I have noticed a ton of accessories are made for either now and Ruger can't keep up with demand. Although GunBroker seems to be full of both.
the LCP appealed to us also but the wife and I are firm believers in the 9mm round. maybe it's just the fact that there is so much great and inexpensive ammo available for them. plus they were out of the LCP when we purchased these at our fav shop. although now it looks as though she might be giving her P9 to me after I did a trigger job on her Rossi .38, it came out way better than we'd hoped it would and she has fallen in love with that gun all over again

1 - 20 of 27 Posts