Kryptek style ''FIRE'' camo...Ruger 10/22 ATI stock

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by talon, May 9, 2014.

1. talon

talon the banned wagon

laid the base coat down on this about two and a half weeks ago, a few days before i went to the hospital, today i didnt have any doctors appointments, so used the day to get started. It is an ATI fiberforce dragunov style stock on a stainless Ruger 10/22 all weather rifle. masks are hand cut by myself, paint is krylon black, fire red, orange, citrus yellow and matte clear.

it is based on the Kryptek brand of camo, only in my own choice of colors.\\

Attached Files:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

She'll stand out in a crowd..... Pretty cool!

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

that was the plan! planning on doing a 4595ts stock in white/graytone kryptek style as well when this one is all finished.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

finished her up early, cheated and set the clearcoat to dry under heat, so i could get the rest done. mocked up reassembly, then taking her apart to do a full matte clearcoat and 72hrs drying time then she's all ready to go.

its definitely different, but i like it.

Attached Files:

• g.jpg
      g.jpg
      File size:
      18.2 KB
      Views:
    • h.jpg
      h.jpg
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views:
    • hj.jpg
      hj.jpg
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
    • hkg.png
      hkg.png
      File size:
      208.1 KB
      Views:
  5. slade601

slade601 Member

Turned out great!!

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I like the pattern and the job, though the color doesn't do much for me.

But the colors do work well together.

My only critique other than opinion on color is the line created by the pattern on the top hand guard not matching up with the lower. But that's a very small critique.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

i intentionally went with IN YOUR FACE colors, it was between ''fire'' and ''water'' (which obviously would have been shades of blue instead). The snow version i'll be doing on my HP will be much more subdued shades of greys and white.

yeah, the seperation of the halves at first bothered me too, but when i did the base coat i actually had it all lined up to match, when i went and added the top coats, i forgot about the fact that it was two halves and well, thats what happened. ;)

definitely not afraid of critiques, hell, 60something people saw it before you commented and said nothing, so i assumed most people didnt like it.

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Don't show it to your doctor, he'll change your meds...;)

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

my doctor is already not pleased with me, as when both times he has asked me if my home contains any firearms, ive told him ''thats none of your damn business.''

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Skip the skull stickers and go straight to the Polly Pocket ones.

Nice work BTW.

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

hater. its not for Bronys, its for people with Cojones. ;)

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Nice Work, Talon!

...and the Dr. Comment too!

13. busybeejg

busybeejg Well-Known Member

Any higher resolution pics? Maybe that's why 60 views received few comments. Extremely pixelated on my screen. Right now...it's like that girl on the opposite side of a dimly lit bar. Looks ok at 2am. Not sure I want to sober up and see her with the lights on though.

14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I think its totally cool Talon. You got skills.

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

maybe you still just have your head up your ass and its affecting your eyesight. glad to see you back, and still a complete dick.

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

ty kindly.

17. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

i didnt see this before. thats really cool. has kind of a snakeskin look to it.

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I think someone's just jealous that it has a barrel AND a trigger.

19. busybeejg

busybeejg Well-Known Member

Not jealous of something I can't see. Just want to see a better pic. Not many new paint jobs showing up here lately. Looks like a good effort but I can't see the details. Bull...are you jealous of my invisible barrel and invisible trigger? It's a new Krylon camo...just came out. Works great although if the sun hits it right it produces a glare.

20. talon

talon the banned wagon

those arent real mods!