LA Times writer: Why they're buying

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Jun 17, 2015.

1. An oped writer had this to say about why people are buying so many ARs & AKs.

"A large and growing percentage of the American citizenry—laughably far more than the one percent that the good professor hypothesized—are buying magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifles because they do not trust the federal government, and what appears to be regular and growing abuses of power far in excess of their constitutional authority.

It really is that simple, folks.

American government—indeed, every government in human history—inevitably creeps towards tyranny. It is in the parasitical nature of government to leach power and individual liberty from the citizenry."

"Why are we buying firearms of contemporary militia utility?

Because many feel that we’re getting closer and close to a time that they will be needed to force regime change and restore liberty.

Scoff at those beliefs as folly if you wish, but you do so at your own peril."

It's should be obvious that a wise government would revitalize the state militias to bring a little sanity to current situation. But as they would loose some power by doing so, they resist doing this. At least there are some in the DOD who now both want this and have written reports about it.

Any government that doesn't trust the people to hold the sword, won't be trusted by the people.

http://bearingarms.com/assault-rifle-sales-really-booming/

2. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

I love my Country but I Fear my Government, its an old bumper sticker and its meaning is just as powerful today as it was then.
    But for any Anti gun group to be scared of me and my firearms is just beyond stupid, its the Government that can take your freedom away, send you to war or jail and its the government that has nukes,air planes,tanks,drones and all the other star wars weapons of mass killing not me!
    But its easier to attack us simple gun owners than wonder why don't I have a gun or where are the police when all the riots took place and thugs ran around without any remorse or fear!
    Funny how its the anti gun types that need pills to sleep,think and help with life yet I sleep just fine and don't suffer fools gladly.
    The government doesn't need to fear me or any other gun owner unless its been breaking the law and the voting booth is broken but what are the chances of that happening ...again?

3. About the same as the chances of it raining in Indianapolis in the summer time.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Leftists love their government but hate their country.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

There's a startling number of children in my daughters soon to be formers 10th grade class that hate the U.S...... They've fully bought into the social medias propaganda wars against anything conservative, Christian, or patriotic.... And that's why she's going to private school this year.... She was a little hesitant, till even the kids she called friends, railed against everything she believes.....

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Kids are little F heads to each other. You brought her up right Bull.

7. Think1st

Florida
    It's a shame that you have to pay out of your own pocket for private school, instead of keeping her in a school that your tax dollars fund, just so that you can protect her from Leftist indoctrination. I salute your decisiveness on the matter.

8. Bull

She isn't perfect, but she's got a good heart.

9. Bull

Erin got tired of her "friends" trying to tell her she was asexual, because she isn't interested in having a boyfriend yet, and isn't gay..... I swear I'm not making this up. She went from not sure if she'd be comfortable starting over in a new school again, to telling us she was done trying to find acceptance from kids who demanded she accept their world views (at 14 or 15 years old), but inferring hers were discriminatory.... Like I said, she's not perfect, but she's way more accepting of others, than some of the kids she sort of fit in with... Actually had one girl stay at our house, who after my wife gave her and my daughter money to go skating, because the girl didn't have the money to go, call us stupid to my daughter, because my daughter had explained the actual facts of the Ferguson case to her, because she was calling all cops racist.....
    Sorry for the long rant, but this stuff sucks

10. Think1st

Florida
    Those little twerps don't even know what that means.

Calling people stupid for a view, without offering a counterpoint is the first rule taught to the Future Brown-Shirts of America.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  11. Bull

Unfortunately, I make that mistake myself.... But I'll debate my side afterwards....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015