Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a laser? If so which one. Also are there any major draw backs to them? Ive only used one a few times and liked it. But not enough to make a decision on what one to use. I know Hi point offers one. Im not looking to spend a ton of money, so if anyone has any ideas or thoughts. Id love to get the LD.

Thanks!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
If it a c9 you're considering putting a laser on you might as well forget it. Once you do finally get something rigged up it's still going to be pure condensed suck.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would assume he's referring to the fact that any laser setup on a C9 will be less than ideal because there's no OEM rail to mount it to. Therefore, you'd have to "rig" something up to work. That's the main reason I wanted my PT 24/7 to have the rail; just in case I wanted to mount something to it down the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I think im still going to try and mount a trigger guard one to it. But ill do some research and see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had one on my .40 & took it off. It was too bulky/awkward & I can shoot OK with just the sights.
I have not tried it at the range, but probably will sometime.
I have heard that a lot of people that use lasers are all over the place on the target, compared to those without them, but cannot say for sure.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
They do make a laser and mount for the C9 and 380 it fits on the trigger guard [I don't know if they make a houlster that fits it that way or not I never use a laser.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a laser on my HP .45ACP. I didn't really like it all that much, so I took it off and sold it. Without an accessory rail under the slide of the C-9, you would only be able to USE a trigger guard mounted laser. Cabella's sells a pretty good one that's relatively small and cheap, but works really well on smaller pistols. I don't really need a laser myself. The usual range in which one has to USE a handgun is something like 15 feet and less. With my C-9, I can put all 8 rounds into a 2 inch hole at THAT range...WITHOUT a laser. ^_^

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I think im still going to try and mount a trigger guard one to it. But ill do some research and see what i can come up with.
The only problem with that kind, is they can make two handed shooting difficult.
I've seen some that go on SIGs I believe, that mount onto the bottom of the mag.
Maybe you could try something like that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've used the trigger guard mounted lasers before without a problem. It depends entirely on what kind of grip you use. If you're used to putting your left index finger on the front of the trigger guard, it may be a problem, but if you don't normally use this grip, it doesn't interfere with anything.

I've never had any experience with a mag-mounted laser, but it would seem that would cause even more problems. Aside from putting the laser's point of aim like 4 inches below the muzzle, and having the laser catch on clothing and bumping against stuff that may knock its sighting off, what do you do when you want to change mags? o_O

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I've used the trigger guard mounted lasers before without a problem. It depends entirely on what kind of grip you use. If you're used to putting your left index finger on the front of the trigger guard, it may be a problem, but if you don't normally use this grip, it doesn't interfere with anything.

I've never had any experience with a mag-mounted laser, but it would seem that would cause even more problems. Aside from putting the laser's point of aim like 4 inches below the muzzle, and having the laser catch on clothing and bumping against stuff that may knock its sighting off, what do you do when you want to change mags? o_O
Buy one for all of them duh;)
IDK, I've never used one, just throwing that out there.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
laser are toys unless you have night vision. that's where IR lasers "shine". in day light it just slows you down looking for the dot insead of the sights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts