Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used one of these?

I just came in some money (sold my '70) and Im thinking about picking one up.

Theres some many options out there, universal ones, ones with their own bullet shaped arbors, and others that I just dont know how to work....

I want a nice one, some one reccoment me one.....that is if you would reccomend getting one.

Or maybe I should just buy a Barrett M82A1 and a handfull of bullets.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well, when I first read your post I thought you sold a Rem 700, and was not sure if that would cover a Barrett. Then caught your sig line. Made more sense then.

I have 2 different ones. A Bushnell that inserts in the barrel with all sorts of caliber adapters and it works fine on guns that don't have a brake ( and pistols with at least 3.5" barrel ). For the others I have one of the arbor types, but it's not the Aimpoint brass one. The arbors are a plastic sleeve, but it works. I gave like $29 for the bushnell and I think $40 for the other, and it came with 6 or 7 arbors. Depending on how many calibers you need, break/no brake, pistols, etc., I'd say get both types.

You are right on one part, at the price of .50's, a handfull would be all I could afford.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just picked up a cheap one with the plastic arbor thingys like the one you speak of. It too long for my compacts, but the lot of them have fixed sights anyways so its not like it matters. Its about as much as two boxes of ammo that it would take to sight in my scope anyways (Im picky and it has to be perfect, multiple times) so this way I can still accuratly have fun.

Oh, by the way....its been awhile since I joined. How do I go about changing my siggy to reflect the recent loss of my truck?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh, by the way....its been awhile since I joined. How do I go about changing my siggy to reflect the recent loss of my truck?

Profile tab at the top of the pages....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.