Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the accessories that Hi-point offers...can anyone explain why the lasers the sell say 380comp only?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Yep, the compensator is the part that actually has the rails to mount the laser on. No rail on the standard .380, perhaps a trigger guard mount laser would work, worth checking.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I tried one of those lazer sights that hold on the trigger guard, I'm scared that the lazer mount might break off my trigger guard. I really don't think that HP will fix that, because that is part of the frame and the frame can not be changed...your sn# are on there. If any one knows that I am wrong about this, please let me know.

·
Banned
401 Posts
It is not difficult to mount a new serial number to a new frame they can make a plate with the same number and put it on a new frame as well.

Dp

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It is not difficult to mount a new serial number to a new frame they can make a plate with the same number and put it on a new frame as well.

Dp
Is that what HP would do? I never asked them(HP) if that is what they do or not.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Sam,

I don't know for a fact that is what HP would do, but I know it has been done by other manufactures of poly frame guns in the event of catastrophic frame failures..

I have also seen metal framed guns assigned an existing serial number in failures...there are provisions in the gun manufacture rules to allow this. This information comes from a local gun manufacture where I live and their guns are high end and sold through out the world.

Dp

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'll have to ask HP with I do if I broke off my trigger gaurd. I'll let you guys know what HP states.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts