Last call for firearms, are you ready?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Atomic_Ed, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

So here’s the theoretical scenario. In the near future, all firearms sales are to be cut off in 10 days and the second scenario is that all sales are cut off immediately. No more used gun market either. In other words, you have 10 days to sell your first born and buy those last, missing pieces for your armory or in the second case, rats! Should have purchased X before the stupidity took over.

In my case, I think I’m good. I have my basis covered with easy concealed carry, good range pistol, home defense pistol, long range pistol, hunting shotgun, home defense shotgun, .556, .308, 7.62x54R, and 7mm Rem rifles.

Of course, my want list isn’t nearly finished off, but I could “get by” with what I have.

How’s your situation? What would you quickly add, even if it meant taking a loan out?

2. I would want to finally get an AR.
    but i would probably just spend the money on tons of 9mm, and 30-30 ammo.

30-30 the original high capacity medium range weapon :p

3. rickm

rickm Member

The only other "want" thing i have before the SHTF is a tank and i dont think i could get a loan for one of them. Other than that i think i can get by with what all i have. Just need to stock up some more on powder and primers.

4. Go ahead and stop all sales. IM GOOD!

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

I would consider myself good.
    I would probably, blech, buy an AR just to have one on hand however.
    I've got short, medium and "long enough" ranges covered already.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Just the VEPR-54 and some ammo & I'll be ready? I think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. lsi1

lsi1 Member

just stock up on ammo and reloading supplies/equiptment.
    a nice 30-06 with a good piece of glass on top and enough ammo to last if i had the money for it.

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I still want to add an FAL and a Ruger Gunsight Scout Rifle to my collection, but, nevertheless, I have all plinking, hunting, practical/tactical and self defense bases covered. Oh yeah. I still want to get a G41.

9. Three rifling buttons. Already have a CNC lathe and 2 CNC mills.

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I want a short barreled lever action like the Henry Mares Leg.

[​IMG]

But I guess I could settle for a Rossi Ranch Hand as it is a bit cheaper....

[​IMG]

11. A 22lr riffle and a shotgun and a boat load of all ammo for all my guns.

12. slade601

slade601 Member

I think I could manage with what I have on hand. But more ammo never hurt and spare parts would be a must!

13. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Flashback: Wanted Dead or Alive - loved that opening sequence!

As for what I would still want in regarding the op's scenario - lol, almost everything! :p

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Buy? No time for that nonsense. I got 24 Hi-Points to sell at a 300% profit.

15. 0311

0311 Member

Everything considered, I am good to go. But if I had the resources, I would want one of these & a boatload of ammo for it.

Attached Files:

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You're a bit late to the Party, "ED"! :rofl:
    That is what I've been up to lately ;)

17. ekim

ekim Member

Got enough guns but could always use more ammo. But then they aren't doing me much good as then actual need for them may be around, it hasn't actually been to my door yet!

As far as last call, I would say that would be the need to use said guns, but it won't happen as quickly as some may think and it would be a drawn out affair to say the least.

18. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Not late. Already there. Just spurring some thinking for other folks and maybe find a new thought for me. :D

19. Nothing.
    And not because I live in England, but because of simple politics.
    There is a year and a half left in the President's term. Not even that, really.
    You want a sure win for the other side next term? You let it happen. After that, you just watch the votes fall cleanly to the other side, kick back, and just wait for it to slide away.
    Good thing about politics; you can squabble about damn near everything, but the first side to take any really large step on either side of the line always gets hit hardest.

20. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I am good to go as is. But would get some more .30 and .357 ammo