Last night sucked

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by moona11, Feb 26, 2015.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Last night one of our dogs was acting weird and stank. I checked her out and she must of ate a sock or something. Her stomach was rock hard and her guts where coming out of you know where. Called Evil at play practice and told her. She came home and we decided the dog needed to be put down. We also talked about another one of our dogs that was old toothless and getting mean. I new she needed to be put down awhile ago but was putting it off. We talked to the boys and agreed to do it now to instead of having to go through it again in 6 months. Sooo my oldest and I took they out to a shelter belt and I had to do it. I always hate having to do it but I couldn't let someone else do it. Could sleep all night. And today sucked to it was rough going to work and not thinking about it. I miss my dogs.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That sucks moona.

One of mine was killed by the neighbors dogs and I came home and found her in the back yard. She was already gone. That was rough enough.

I feel for you guys.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Ditto, that sucks.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Moony and Evil I am so sorry about the loss of your dogs. It is hard to lose a the furry ones.

5. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Guys, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I'm sorry to hear about the critters, moona. It's always hard to see them in pain. I wish you and your family well.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Sorry buddy........

8. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

It had to be done to end the suffering of an animal in distress.
    And the chance another might hurt your family , but its done and it is the down side to having pets we all have to deal with.

9. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I am very sorry for your losses i am far too aware of just what thats like.

10. I know how you feel almost a year ago we had to put down Zoe, our chow retriever mix. Sweetest old girl anybody knew... She was 18 1/2/ and active right up until the night before... God I miss her yesterday we had to take Nikita our chow husky in for teeth cleaning and surgery. He's 17 and still trots out a 3/4 mile walk. I dread that day.
    I will pm you something tonight when I get home I think you'll understand.
    Scott
    Zoe is the one on the pillow.
    [​IMG]

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That's rough man. I had to put my kid's dog down a long time ago and it can be a tough call, but you know you did the right thing.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sorry to hear that, man.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

13. Sorry about your babies. I have a 16 year old dog that's time is coming soon.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Thanks everyone it means a lot.

15. I had one dog as a kid. he was there before i was born. All i knew. A truly wonderful boy dog relationship. My dad put him down when i was 11. We came home one night and i found him lying under a pine tree he couldn't walk, couldn't see, wouldn't eat steak. I still get teary eyed remembering the last time he licked my face. And i can still remember hearing that 22 shot with my head stuffed in the couch.

I was a wreck the next day at school couldn't stop crying, every time someone asked what was wrong it just got worse, so i got sent home.

It was terrible. I still miss that dog, and I am dreading the day i have to do it. I'm sure it wasn't any easier on my dad.

But i am glad we didn't put him through a miserable car ride to die on a cold table surrounded by strangers.

I believe what you did is much nicer for the dog.

16. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That really sucks moonz. Thankfully, I have never had to do that yet. I grew up in apartments so never really had pets. We have had our dog over six years now, and we think she is about 8. SO, someday, the time will come and I am not looking forward to it

17. Sorry for your loss.

I just put my best friend of 15 years down a couple of weeks ago. She was the best.

18. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Dogs are more than just pets. They are family!

So sorry about your situation there M&E. My sincere condolences.

19. Back2School

Back2School Member

Sorry man, sucks to lose part of the family.

20. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Man my heart goes out to you brother. I lost my K9 partner a while back.
    I'm sure they are playing on green fields now.