late to the party...995 classic

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by talon, Apr 3, 2015.

1. talon

talon the banned wagon

Had no intentions of buying a gun today when i stopped in my LGS to sit an B.S. awhile, when i noticed the hideous beast that is a classic HiPoint carbine. So i took a look at it,it was going to be put on consignment on Monday. Wanted $219 i offered $200 out the door and well, it went home with me.

Range trip tomorrow after work to see how she works. And ill post pics for you all later, i know how how guys are about pics ;)

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Do I smell a ATI?

Attached Files:

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

If i have my way, then most definitely! Gonna shoot her tomorrow, strip it and clean/inspect it, then "make it mine".

4. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Thats a pretty good deal, considering I paid $185 for a Chrome model about three years ago.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

I thought it was a decent deal, and i didn't have one, so now, i do.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

If it's what you wanted, it's always a good deal.....

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

The Taurus PT99 AFS followed me home too.
    $150.00 used? Yes please. Ive really got to stop going there when im bored. Izzy approves.

Attached Files:

8. Bull

Cool!.... That's a steal on that .40!....

9. I like that rifle.

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its a 9mm, but still a helluva deal i think.

Attached Files:

11. That's a keeper Talon!

12. Momma got hers Wednesday.It should weigh out around 9 or 10 pounds with all the 'accessories' added.lol

Attached Files:

13. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    $150 for a Pt92 is an awesome deal, ive never seen one cost less than $300.

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's a good find on that deal. How many rounds does it look like it's had through it? You may have gotten something that is dang near new.

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Good pickin's Talon......

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its definitely been used or at the very least carried. There is very noticeable scuffing on the slide and frame and the grips are worn as well. Still a good looking piece that will easily polish up. It has a set of grips on it marked Beretta M92 so they aren't a good visual check of true wear. But it functions smoothly hand cycling it. Tomorrow it'll spit some lead downrange.

17. Bull

My bad..... And yup, good deal... My PT92FS was a special on sale deal for 399$ new, do Id say you hit a good one there.

18. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Helluva deal period, no thinking involved!! i would have snatched it up also without a second thought!!

That's why my wife doesn't let me hang out at my local LGS that often... things tend to follow me home...

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ready to hit the range around 1pm when i get home from work. Couple of Rugers going as well. Having a few feed issues with the newest C39 so leaving it home, don't feel like messing with it. (pretty sure its the crapptastic mags)....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  20. talon

talon the banned wagon

250 rounds thru the 995 and 100 thru the Taurus without a single issue with either. The mag on the 995 is rather loose in the handle, is this normal? It stays in, but it definitely flops around in there. Think its gonna get sent to MoM for a check up since i don't know how it was treated before i got it. VERY happy with my new acquisitions. In total put 350 rounds of 9mm, 200 rounds of .45, 180 rounds 7.62x39, 50 rounds .22short and 550 rounds of .22lr downrange.