Latest Recon Mission To Wally World

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I haven't been to WM in several weeks (can you believe that?!) Anyways I notice the hand gun, AR15, and AK ammo is gone except for the M855 62 grain which they had plenty of. I guess the Christmas guns have a big appetite! They used to have carbine bags on an end cap. They are gone. I told a new AR owner friend to check his WM when he was looking for one and he didn't see any either. I was told all the $178 shotguns went quick. (I doubt they were the H&R HD models) They did have a Ruger Mini 14. Here's the ball buster. They had a Beretta over under shotgun, model 686. And the price? Drum roll please!

$3144 :rofl:

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Shot a few Berettas back when I was on the AF Skeet Team. I had a B.C. Miroku (Jap Browning) that I used. Needless to say, I stayed with the Miroku. Beretta is totally overpriced for the style, ergonomics and quality IMO. Especially the shotguns. Picked up their latest shotgun sample at the BX the other day. Not impressed, felt cheap. Most American shotguns are well made. I have a few. I'll stay with them.

3. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Depending on the variation of the 686,, Silver Pigeon,, White Onyx,, UltraLight,, and the sporting editions of each,, gauge,, barrel length,, that might be a few hundred to high..
    If it is possibly the 686 Silver Pigeon/sporting w/ interchangeable barrels,, that would be a deal.. Don't ask me how I know

4. rickm

rickm Member

I was in my wm thursday and the ammo shelves were full they was even putting out some winchester 50 rd boxs of 22lr for $3.84 a box

5. Kiln

Kiln Member

Screw Walmart on anything gun related.

They stopped carrying all shotguns with barrels shorter than 28" and everything high capacity. They even stopped carrying mags and accessories for those scary black guns and claimed it was because of poor sales. So of course when asked in an interview if the policy might change if markets changed the answer was that the changes were permanent.

Permanent policy changes for a temporary market change? BS.

They support gun control and don't even have the balls to admit it. All while hiding behind the "poor sales" explanation for removing some of their most popular guns and accessories that they had.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

Thursday! Key word. Winchester if it is SuperX. That's $3 a box too much for that crap.

I will have to say I took a closer look. Plenty of Federal .40, UMC in the 250rd boxes, lots of .45's too. There was some 90rd American Eagle 5.56 NATO. Department manager said the ammo mfrs shutdown for the holidays and will take a little while to get back to normal.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Walmart ammo is overpriced here. I can get it cheaper at my LGS or from online!

8. rickm

rickm Member

I very very seldom buy ammo in a store most of my guns have never had a store bought ammo thru them except the 22lr and i havent bought any in nearly 3 years got alot put back and dont shoot them very much.

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Only bb guns sold in walmarts here in Las Vegas!
    :mad::(

10. sarahsmom

They do still carry ammo, though.... :)

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

There is a place in Henderson or LV that sells bulk ammo at a decent price. They will kill you on shipping! I heard you make an appointment to pick up. A friend lives in Bullhead City AZ not to far away.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Why is it we ALL get a vision of you building your own shell casings from various types of tubing, making your own powder, and primers? :D

13. sarahsmom

If you find out the name of it, let me know! I know there is a place in Parumhp, NV, but that is about 80 miles and over Mountain Pass - a little much for our old car! Something in town would be good!

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

After searching for ammo yesterday, Traci said, "F* this! We're getting an FFL, and we're setting you up to reload ammo. We'll sell and take guns on trade and you can sell your ammo to the Trading Company and out of the house." I love this woman.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

16. Rachgier

Hey SM, colt turned me on to these guys. Not sure how far away from you they are but they have damn good prices on 9mm and 10mm. You can have it shipped or go pick it up.

Ammo Supply Warehouse

17. sarahsmom

That is the one in Pahrump about 80 miles from me over Mountain Pass - a little far for my gas budget and 2004 Elantra to do! But TNT just gave me the link for www.venturamunitions.com and it seems decently priced and right here in town!

18. Rachgier

Gotcha, I saw the PO Box in LV and assumed they were in the area... Still, they have decent shipping prices. I checked them against a couple of other places and ASW was at $25-ish shipping where everyone else was closer to $70. Living that close, you might even have a better deal on shipping.

19. sarahsmom

Doh! Thought that was a different thread that that link was in - just realized it is just a few post above! :rolleyes: