Law suit from Newtown

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluharley, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    A sleazy lawyer looking for a good payday.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I don't understand how the legal system can use precedence to screw people all the time...and then ignore it when they feel like it.

There have been more than a few lawsuits like this. None were successful AFAIK, though maybe a few were settled out of court.

Regardless...this time could be a bad thing. Freedom group owns Bushmaster, they've been talking about divesting gun makers since Newtown, and now their own stupidity and misplaced guilt may give the Antis what they needed.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It's time for every gun manufacturer, and 2nd amendment support group to deliver a collective piss off to lawsuits like this..... Then counter sue for expenses and damages..... Not exactly the way things should work, but the time for playing nice has done passed.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Plus...if an appellate court decides a judge was wrong...he gets dinged too.

6. Bull

Everyone screams and cries for LEOs to be held accountable, why should higher up the food chain not be?.......

7. I cut myself on my Leatherman a while ago. So I'm going to sue them.
    When I was two, I broke my leg after jumping off my bed. So I'm gonna sue the mattress maker.
    I was slightly frustrated when the waiter at the café we ate at last week got my name wrong. I'm gonna sue the restaurant.

Yup...

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

This case should never make it into court.

And, those that brought it about should have to pay everybody's legal fees.

eldar

9. Back2School

Back2School Member

That law professor I had explained it to our class like this. The law isnt about right or wrong, or even if the laws were followed. Its about whether or not you can get the 12 people on the jury to agree with you. Its always worth a shot to try...

I wonder if the the trial will bring out full evidence of the kids who got shot and show once and for all if the false flag rumors are true.

10. Bull

And that's why all f'n lawyers should be shot.......

11. Back2School

Back2School Member

LOL Hopefully you know I dont agree with that professors idea. I am strong on right and wrong.

This was the professor who hated the 2nd. It was my first real run in with someone that far to the left. I was used to uninformed leftists, but I knew very few personally who simply bent the laws to support their agenda.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It'll probably get thrown out when the Defense files a Motion to Dismiss with Prejudice. There's a passel of Precedent to support such a motion and little enough for the Suit.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. Bull

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-industry-immunity-policy-summary/

My guess is that they're hoping to show that Bushmaster violated the third provision in that Bushmaster deliberately marketed the product in such a way as that they knew or should have known that the product would appeal to and be acquired by a mentally unstable person who would then criminally misuse it. I believe that this will fail because the dickless-coward-who's-name-shall-be-stricken-from-the-ranks-of-humanity who committed this atrocity did not legally acquire the firearm in question. Further, even if this case is given a day in court, it will be more than an uphill battle to prove abusive marketing.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  15. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

To put a knot in their knickers

Bushmaster ought to demand the video of Adam Lanza as he went into the school to verify that he did in fact have a weapon made by them in his possession during this event.

16. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

They would have to prove Dolus Eventualis in order to win. I cannot see any competent Court of Jurisdiction finding that. If any Court, or jury, does find liability under Dolus Eventualis it will create a legal precedent that would have far reaching ramifications.

I expect this to be thrown out by the Court. But, we are looking at a far left State... laws don't matter, only feelings.

17. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

IIRC.... didn't the 'dcwnsbsftroh' steal the rifle from his mother who did acquire it legally?

18. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Yep, mom bought it legally via FFL and followed all Federal and State transfer requirements for her to possess it.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yeah, I agree.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Was it ever determined if the rifle was left out in the open or did he take it from a storage safe?