LC9s Pro love it!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tone, May 25, 2015.

1. tone

tone Member

Replaced my kel tec pf9 with this. I pretty much love everything about this gun, favorite carry gun to date. I actually shot it 100rds the other day and it was a pleasure. I'm sure others know a pocket 9mm usually isn't "fun" to shoot a lot of rounds in one session.

Oh and the trigger is fantastic
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Wow! I like it!

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

The LC9s Pro is a sweet little shooter.

4. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I bought the LC9s (with all the safeties, cuz that was the version on sale) back in the end of February.

It has an absolutely great trigger, it's extremely smooth. Makes me hate all my other firearm's triggers (and some of them have very, very good triggers). It's very accurate, I think because the trigger doesn't affect my aim when it breaks.

The slide is suprisingly easy to rack. Recoil is not bad at all....I've fired more than 150 rounds in a session and had no arm issues the next day.

It's easy to disassemble and clean. Most of the internal mechanism is not exposed so it doesn't get as dirty as some of my other firearms.

I am approaching 1000 rounds with zero issues. It carries very well in a IWB holster.

Here it is in the middle with a couple of my other Rugers:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. How does it compare to the SR9 you have? I know the LC is much more a conceal carry. but does the SR9 have as nice a trigger and slide as you say for the LC?

6. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    (Second try at answering...I had half a page and lost it)

I have the compact SR9c version which weighs about 4-5 oz more than the LC9s. It is shown with the 10 round mag in the picture. In my state it is available with a 17 round extended mag.

I fired a lot of different 9mm pistols before I bought my SR9c almost 5 years ago right after they first came out. I chose the SR9c in part because of the great trigger. In its price range, I think it has one of the best out of box triggers.

With that said, the LC9s trigger is way, way better. I've had several friends with $2000 race pistols with special triggers comment on how the LC9s has just as good a trigger as their pride and joy.

(As to reliability, my log notebook says I have fired over 4500 rounds thru the SR9c with no issues other than a couple of light strikes when firing $3/50 factory seconds. Cleaning the striker channel fixed that.)

The SR9c slide is difficult for some people to rack. The dual coil recoil spring is pretty stout but that really makes the recoil a lot less. The LC9s does have a bit more recoil which would be expected due to the lighter weight and easier to rack slide. I have no issues racking it but I'm pretty sure my wife couldn't without practice. Then again, I can fire a few hundred rounds and only rack it once so it really isn't a big deal for me.

I rotate between the three pictured Rugers for carry. It used to be 70% LCP and 30% SR9c depending upon what I was wearing. Now it is 50-50 LCP/LC9s.

Next winter when I again dress like an Eskimo, I expect the SR9c will get more time.

7. I want a LC380 for the wife, but none have showed up used at the LGS. Personally I like the old trigger on the LC9. Or the used one I handled was well broken in. The pro's trigger is too Glock like, short with no noticeable break. That might be great for the range, but a nervous hand reaching for a gun could cause problems for her. She has never been in a high stress situation with a gun. There is a big difference between that and the range. The hand can exert incredible amounts of force during stress. Light trigger for the person not used to stress is not a good idea IMO.

8. tone

tone Member

if I shoot crappy at the range with a gun because of the bad trigger, I just assume it would be even worse under stress.

Don't put your finger on the bang button until your are pointed at what you are going to shoot. That's how I've always trained so hopefully that's what will happen under stress.

9. tone

tone Member

Not to hijack my own thread but you can get a lcp for $289 with a laser at cdnn. I just ordered a kel tec P3at with crimson trace for $269.

I prefer the LC9pro unless my pants have small pockets

10. I agree with that, but for people who have not been in a shooting, the mind goes into overload. It happens all the time with police officers. They are trained not to put the finger on the trigger until they are ready to shoot. But yet they still do it.

You can not train for actually having your life on the line, unless you intentionally put yourself in those situations.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but for her I prefer a more revolver like DA trigger. It is a well known fact that under stress and pain that people clench their jaws, and tighten shoulders, and neck, and most importantly hands clench into fists. Which would put the finger on the bang switch, blame God for making us this way, but it is a cold hard fact.

I like the LC9, I have handled and shot a few, I find their trigger perfect combination. Hardly too stiff, or long like the fanbois of that other plastic gun claim. But I also have complete faith in the 380acp, and for better follow up shots I think she would be better off with it.

Ruger makes damn exceptional guns across the board.

Last edited: May 26, 2015