LED upgrade kit for my Surefire G2

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ari, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Ari

Ari Guest

I just got the LED upgrade kit for my surefire G2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It turns it to 80 lumens from 60. It also takes it from 1 hour burn time to 12 hours burn time. It is so bright it is wild! If you dont have one you need one.

2. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

And it won't set your pants on fire if you accidentally leave it on and stick it in your pocket. :)

3. Ari

Ari Guest

How did you know I did that? :lol:

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Since I have 5 of them, I am going to give that convo a try. I did buy a 65 lumen bulb replacement, that lasted 4 tries (yes, Surefire brand).

For me, if its got the blue tint, I wont like it. Anyway, I will give it a try.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

It is bright white not yellow

6. :D :D :D Now that is funny but true. I've had my 'dunlop' at my waist get toasty when my G2 accidentally came on. I didn't turn it off far enough and the switch turned on when I was driving.

7. Have a link to where you got this????

8. Ari

Ari Guest

www.surefire.com I got mine local, but it is the same price at surefires homepage....

9. Not to hijack but along the same lines, these kits are also made for mag and mini-mag lites. They work great and extend battery and bulb life. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for like $5 or so.

10. Ari

Ari Guest

I have a two maglites converted to LED. But I do like the 80 lumens that surefire gives me... I also just got two of these I am having fun with them. they are the size of a shotgun shell and cost $3.98 they have 9 LEDS and take 3 AAAs. They are made by performance tool

[​IMG]

11. I will have to find the site again, but I found an LED G2 conversion for like 30 bucks. I plan to get one sometime soon.

12. stolivar

stolivar Guest

13. I got the LED conversion as well. I also got the pushbutton tail cap (can use it for momentary on or constant on).

I agree that it kicks arse, too! I take my dog out late at night and it works great.

14. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

15. stolivar

stolivar Guest

Sorry dude

But that is not 90 lumens. not even close.

steve

16. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Re: Sorry dude

Depends on the angle of the beam. It could easily be 90 Lumens. http://led.linear1.org/lumen.wiz

17. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

18. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

I know they measure different things, but Google also assumes they are roughly the same:
    [ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=90+candela+to+lumens[/ame]

19. Ari

Ari Guest

Re: Sorry dude

This is true... It also wont take the beating the surefire will. My friend found one of his surefires frozen in a puddle in the road on Christmas day. (It was still working.) I have almost as many flashlights as I do guns. My G2 is the most dependable I have. I want my flashlight to be as dependable as my firearm.

20. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

At 5 bucks, Ill test mine out. It is built like my MagLite which is designed to survive being run over.