Lee 4 station progressive press

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by greg_r, Feb 11, 2018.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Is it finally here? I have been hearing about this for several months now. A 4 hole progressive based on the new base Lee Precision has. Uses breech lock tool head for quick and easy die change No turret head. Just swap out base plate for cartridge changes. MSRP $150. Not on the Lee Precision web page. I am thinking someone might be playing with photoshop. If this is true I am all over it.
    90900.jpg

Attached Files:

lklawson likes this.
  2. Snakeye

Snakeye Member

lklawson likes this.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

For Real!? I'm in line behind Greg

4. greg_r

Was reading about this last night. Seems like it's going to use the safety prime. Will be good for handgun and rifle up to about 223 probably. Not a lot of clearance. Probably not a progressive as the Loadmaster and Pro 1000. But easier to switch to a different cartridge. Curious about the priming system.

Either way, I am in.

5. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

Texas
    It didn't say anything about auto indexing. Can't tell by the photo.

6. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

7. Dave4903

Texas
    Still haven’t seen these in stores yet.
    I did notice that the Lee Pro 1000 has been redesigned. It now has a spent primer catch tube.

8. greg_r

They are out, just this past week I think. Saw one yesterday at the reloading shop where I purchase my supplies. It's not totAlly progressive i think because there is no auto primer feed, but it does accept the safety prime. It will accept case feeder, powder measure and bullet feeder. Base plate change out is simple. Much better than the pro 1000.

I think I see one in my future for handgun, 5.56, and 300 blackout.

9. Been thinking about getting one for 10mmAuto, and getting another Auto-Drum powder measure...solely for 10MM...with the 1095 carbine I need more AMMO!!

REDD

Tom78 likes this.
  10. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  11. greg_r

I buy most of my stuff from Titan. But I will buy this from the LGS. They have it on sale for $109.00!

Dave4903 and Dane like this.
  12. Dave4903

Texas
    I am tempted to try it. The primer feed on the 1000 is finicky anyway. When reloading 38 special and 32 mag, I like to use a Hornady Powder Cop since I can’t see into the cases very well. The 4th station would let me do all of the operations and use the Powder Cop.

13. greg_r

Which is my main gripe. Put in a 3 die set and a powder cop, now you are seating your bullet at station 4. You have to place the bullet with your right hand it seems.

The press is pretty open and there is room, but my right hand stays on the handle and the left does all the menial labor. That's how I roll anyway.

14. Dave4903

Texas
    That would be awkward for me as well. I always pull the lever with my right and put the bullet on with my left. So station 4 is on the right side of the press?

15. greg_r

Yes

16. Dave4903

Texas
    Using the bullet feeder might be the way to go then.

17. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

What's a Powder Cop?

18. greg_r

It's Hornadys answer to the RCBS lock out die and Dillon's powder check die. It alerts you ot a missing powder charge, or a over charge.

sarahsmom likes this.
  19. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

RCBS has a simple powder check die too.

sarahsmom likes this.