Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Probably going to shoot it Friday, SIL just pickup a Norinco SKS and I'm giving him 250rnds of 7.62x39 ammo (as an early Bday present) so he's about to wet himself to go shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well, did you ever shoot it?
Oh yeah...Shot it last Friday, what a sweet shooter! I had only 40 rnds of ammo so I shot 20 and let my nephew shoot 5. I expected some recoil so I put a Limbsaver pad on the butt, no recoil at all to be concerned with.

I have some ammo clips but they're hard to load so I simply inserted the rnds into the magazine from the top. I figured it would shoot high at 50yds so I aimed low, and hit low with the 1st 5 shots. Went for the center of the target and hit pretty much where I was aiming, couple of bullsyes but most were within the 4" circle and 3 or 4 in the 8" circle.

Very easy to use, although not as much from a sitting position at a bench as it is standing, but my aim is better sitting. I love these old bolt action rifles. Nephew just joined the range and only has a pistol and a shotgun. He said afterwards...gotta get a rifle!

Gotta get more ammo!!!

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
44 Posts
I love Lee Enfields, maybe your good news will be the impetus I need to finish mine.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I've started leaning more towards shooting bolt action rifles than semi-autos. I like the way they look, handle, and shoot plus I find I take my time when pulling the trigger more than I do when hosing the target with a semi-auto. I also use less rounds, so even if they're generally more expensive I think I save money. Would I shoot more if they were cheaper, probably.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts