Lee Precision discontinuing 4 more Classic Loaders

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by greg_r, Feb 21, 2016.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Lee Precision is discontinuing the Classic Loaders in 22 Hornet, 22/250, 7 mm Magnum, and 30 carbine. I hate to see them go.

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I noticed that my local Cabelas store has less and less of the Lee products. I always thought they were a good value.

Are they getting out of the business?

3. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

No. Lee is actually offering a couple of new designs and products now.

4. Such as? :confused:

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's just the classic loader line. Too many wussies are afraid to hit a new loaded round with a hammer.:D

But seriously...most folks don't want to do a round at a time, they prefer the single stage over the table top hammer driven method, especially for rounds used in a semi gun, or in a varmint round, where volume matters.

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

New powder measures, additions to the Classic Cast series. All single stage presses including the hand press and entry level reloader press are breech lock. Some other upgrades to existing equipment. All in the past year or so. I think they are going strong.

The kits I mentioned are the "hammer time" kits.

7. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Last year they introduced the Classic and Auto Drum powder measures. They recently changed the Lee Reloader to a breach lock. For 2016 there is a bench mounted primer tool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]