Lee Pro 1000

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Was thinking about getting one of these... I'm blowing through .40 like nobody's business, and figure I might as well be smart about it. Wouldn't hurt for reloading 7.62 either. I'm told you save a ton of money reloading rifle (even moreso than handgun). Anyone use these presses?

2. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

Excellent !!!!! I have had one for about 12 years now and it still pounds em out (pistol cal. ) Same press with 2 different Cal carriers and Die blocks, takes about 10 Minutes to change cal.

3. I know a couple guys who use the Lee 1000, they use it for reloading their Cowboy Action rounds because they tend to go thru lots of ammo during a shoot. Not heard anything bad about the setup from those who own it.

4. I am about to get mine mailed off for some warranty work, as it was kinda in bad repair when I got it, but I can't wait to get the new one back in the mail. Once I get it back, I'll give you guys a product review on it.

5. There is alot of extras you can ad to them as time and money is available.
    Graf and sons has them and the shiping is free. Usually thay come with 1 cal. included.

6. Graf and Sons Pro 1000 40 cal 1 in stock $151.59

7. i have 2 one in 45 acp and one in 38 spl i like them both i dont try to see how many i can run thru it but it sure beats single stage , :wink:

8. I don't own one, I have a Dillon 650XL but I just wanted to chime in and say that single stage is fun also. I have a Lee single stage to load my 9mm on and I enjoy the reloading time as relaxing time.

9. I have two Pro 1000 presses, one for reloading 9mm, 40SW and the other is for 45ACP. The press can be tricky to set up, but once you have it tweaked and adjusted properly it runs very smooth and you should be able to load over 300 rounds/hour at a leisurely pace.
    There are two accessories that I would get with this press, one is the case collector and the other is the adjustable charge bar. These two units will make reloading much easier.

10. Jokey

Jokey Guest

You meant 7.62x25? And not 7.62x51 or 7.62x39, they might need more push than the press is comfortable with.

I have the die base for the 223 so I think it would work there. Which 7.62 are you planning on reloading on a Pro 1000?

11. i still single stage my 45 ammo from time to time as you say its relaxing and enjoyable, i single stage all my 45 long colt,

12. The two major ones; 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R.

13. I have the Lee 1000 pro, that thing spits a new round out every pull of the handle. Its a great press.