Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
You mean you don't like hot brass burying itself in your retina? I had to get used to it myself, I grew up shooting single shots. It was a big change when I went to semi's.

A top ejection though would be good all around.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
if you have brass hitting you in the face you have an ejection problem. all my HPs are shot left handed and none of htem throw brass anywhere near my face.

ETA and top eject isnt the answer either. after a hot case drops down your shirt collar you'll think otherwise too.

SW

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
ETA and top eject isnt the answer either. after a hot case drops down your shirt collar you'll think otherwise too.
Touche!

We might be only 7%, but darnit we gotta stop this discrimination with those spiral notebooks!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Touche!

We might be only 7%, but darnit we gotta stop this discrimination with those spiral notebooks!
and those darned scissors as well. why should lefties have to pay three times as much for a scissors that works right?

SW

·
Registered
974 Posts
Touche!

and those darned scissors as well. why should lefties have to pay three times as much for a scissors that works right?

SW
I have a pair of scissors from Ikea that are ambidextrous. I've had them for 16 years now.

I love those scisorrs.

I wish hi points came in left handed too, the safety and mag release are a pain.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Like shooting, I just accepted that I had to learn to cut "right" handed. But those darn notebooks almost killed me in college.

Maybe Flanders was onto something with his leftorium! :D

Back on topic, it does not seem it would be all that difficult for HP to reconfigure if there ever was a demand.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
mirror image guns are harder than you relaize to make. all the machining operatios have to be completely reversed which requires completely different bracketry, all new machine configurations and other problems. there is reason left hand rifles cost three times as much as a comprable righty.

the world was built by right handed people and there isnt much room for modification for lefties.

SW

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I'm left-handed and have always considered the 1911 to be perfect. Put an ambidextrous safety on it -- that's all it needs. The mag release is easy to reach with the left index finger (I think it's actually a bit easier than the right thumb) and should you need to reach the slide release, it's within index finger reach too.

Many years ago I wondered if JMB was a lefty...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Holsters are another problem. You can find ambi holsters, but a lot of the nice fitted ones are RH only. And of course, like you guys, I've been fighting the safety and mag release. I've been trying to figure several things out, actually...I'm a lefty, but right eye dominant. So, I always shot rifles & shotguns right handed. But I'm more accurate shooting pistols left handed (don't pull as much I guess) looking across my sights. But...with the HPs, my S&W, etc., it's always been a problem for me. I'm actually working right now with learning to shoot pistol right-handed, maybe using my left trigger finger. With revolvers it doesn't matter as much...but I'm tired of fighting the southpaw fight on this... :cry2:

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
LOL I hate those spiral notebooks too
Off topic, but... Couldn't you just write from the back to the front?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.