Let the waiting game begging

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by oldnoob, May 7, 2008.

1. just ship my c9 out to beemiller 20 min ago, through fedex. i use the lest expensive "fedex express saver" and cost me $22.06.

LET THE WAITING GAME BEGGINGGGGGGGG~

2. It wont take that long and you will basically have a brand new pistol :)

3. question on this one... will your repaired c9 be sent back to you or a ffl dealer via fedex?? or is this something that doesn't include a ffl because you are the owner of the c9?

4. If the weapon is going from you to the factory for repair, there is no need for a FFL to become involved.

5. unscarred

unscarred Member

+1

6. Why are we begging for a waiting game? I would think you want it back quickly.

7. i'm also in a tight budget right now. i burn through ammo like crack head with dope. need to slow down save some money for my next gun.

8. $22 sounds high. I've used UPS for less than $13. It came back via FedEx to my porch both times, no FFL needed. It has taken Hi-point 2 weeks to return it both times.

Gary

9. i SENT MINE OUT UPS GROUND, AND I HAD IT BACK IN ONE WEEK INCLUDING SHIPPING BOTH WAYS.

10. two days... i miss you, my c9...

11. If you call HP they will tell you how to send the cheapest way to get your weapon to them for repair.

12. Sorry to here you had to part with your gun. Even if I had no intention of shooting during the time it was to be gone, I would still go crazy!!! I like to have my guns close to me.

13. Amen. Thought the price discrepancy may depend on the rules you follow:

1) Rule book one: Go to the local UPS/FedEx store and ship "machined parts", as instructed.

Cost: less than $10, and you're out the door.

2) Rule book two: go to some UPS/Fedex regional center and declare that you're shipping a fire arm.

Cost: who knows what, and you're confined in a locked room, vainly explaining what you are doing with -- GASP! -- guns.

Choose wisely, and YMMV.

14. does this bother anybody that ups would leave a gun laying on your porch? i understand that they don't know whats in the box, but some nosy kid might figure it out....just askin'. not trying to imply anything.

15. Good point Rob. But my wife and I are retired and one of us are usually home to receive packages. Now I wonder if Hi-Point insures the packages they ship. I insured it when I shipped my gun to them.

Things that make you say Hmmmmmmmm.

Gary

16. at my area, fedex will leave the package at the door too. i hate that but there is no other way around. i ship my package air so it required signatures i hope HP will do the same when it's back.

17. They didn't on my c9 comp when i sent it off. i found that a little disturbing as well, but then again you can not tell it is a firearm in any way shape or form by looking at the box.

18. unscarred

unscarred Member

When Haskell sent my .45 JHP back, I had to sign for it.

19. day 9... i want me c9 back... cry me a river.