Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

histed likes this.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

Thank you

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What's next on the list for hand-loading topics?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. histed

histed Supporting Member

Well, we have to gas check the cast bullets - the rifle ones, anyway. Then there's the issue of finding load data for lead bullets - which isn't always the same as jacketed bullet data. After that... I'm open to suggestions. With the shortages out there and and the uncertain political situation bringing the likelyhood of continued shortages, maybe something on cut shells and wax slugs or the virtues of flintlocks...I don't know

greg_r and lklawson like this.
  6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Request for your next article, and you know article requests have to be honored!

Casting bullets from zinc. I know others than I are interested. My tries at casting zinc have been a failure. Ingots? Yeah, they work well, but how perfect does an ingot have to be? Getting a shootable bullet has been an exercise in frustration. But I know I will be casting zinc like a pro after your instruction Sensei.

histed likes this.
  7. histed

histed Supporting Member

Sensei!!?? High praise indeed coming from you, Grasshopper!! Can't promise that will be next, greg, but I'll see what I can do. I've read about "Zoolits" but never tried it myself.I know that zinc wheel weight screw up a lead melt in a hurry! Let me do a bit more research

greg_r likes this.
  8. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I have tried it, but no luck at all. One issue may be that all my molds are from Lee Precision. Thus aluminum. I have been told that you need steel molds, but I have seen some YouTube videos where they used aluminum.

histed likes this.