Let's see those AR builds

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Newman31B, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

What I did like, and those around me, was less immediate area concussion and side blast for sure, especially if you’re shooting in a sheltered overhang on an outdoor range. I have another I still need to try out.
    Well she did a nice job with that paint, I thought it was wallpaper. It’s a time-consuming project. It looks easy, but to do it right isn’t.

ajole likes this.
  2. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Triplets !!!! I built 3 AR-15's with the same slick sided upper, BCG, CH, .936 gas valve, Presma 15" tubular handguard and DPMS stainless steel bull barrels in 16, 20 and 24 inch length. They also have the same Bushnell Banner 6-18x50MM scope. They share a single Anderson lower with a Rise Armament single stage trigger, ATI grip and butt pad. I have test shot them all for function but hopefully this week the accuracy will be tested. I am really liking the 24" barrel as the recoil feels like a 22 and sitting on the gun rest its so heavy it barely moves. Stays right on target. Please....no stupid questions like "Why".
    dppms2.JPG dppms3.JPG dppms4.JPG dppms5.JPG

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why? Why the slip on recoil pad?
    I assume for LOP?

fatal-bert33 and undeRGRound like this.
  4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I get it, and I figured you really like said selections and/or many were on sale when TRUMP kicked Killary's sorry a$$ to the curb... ;)

He was too broke for an A2 stock after all the above :D

ajole and fatal-bert33 like this.
  5. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Yup

6. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

They were pretty cheap to build considering the barrel. Two were under $300 including the scope and one at $310. The DPMS stainless bull barrels are awesome.

Newman31B, Rerun and ajole like this.
  7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    People talk crap about DPMS, but many people are stupid.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It's one of the few AR's on the Florida Highway Patrol thumbs uplist.

Rabidwookie and fatal-bert33 like this.
  9. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

The only DPMS parts on them are the barrels and they are awesome.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

And now DPMS is dead due to Remington pulling the plug.

fatal-bert33 and ajole like this.
  11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Time lapsed photography of an aroused upper.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Just skimming recent posts and I read as abused. Which confused me

Newman31B and fatal-bert33 like this.
  13. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Only you could have thought of that. :clap::clap::clap::clap::D:D:D:D

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You just had to see it as progressing from the top to the bottom, and think of Bobbit, then it would have made sense.

moona11 and fatal-bert33 like this.
  15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Spent a minute getting pics of things.

16” BCA 1:9, P223 scope, 3 lb trigger, nothing else. Light and accurate.
    [​IMG]

That 16” 300 BO upper on that lower from above.

[​IMG]

16” BCA 1:7 barrel on a BCA side charger. Bushnell AR optics BDC Scope, LaRue trigger, and a stupid grip and a light, because...I had a Key mod mount, so why not. This one puts 69 grain bullets on target.

[​IMG]

Yes, it’s a pistol. 14.5” barrel, the flash can would make it rifle legal if I welded it, but screw it. Cheap red dot that hasn’t failed yet, BUIS, and a light. Some day when we are all free, this might be my M4, but until then, it has not and will not touch a rifle lower.
    [​IMG]

Same lower on my very first pistol, 10.5”, 45 degree BUIS, cheap red dot, green Amazon special laser that works well enough for it to be the main sight in CQB...until it breaks. Hasn’t yet.

[​IMG]

My truck gun. LaRue trigger, Primary Arms 2.5X ACSS scope, light at 45 degree offset, 16” 1:8 barrel in stainless because it was only $20 more than the parked or nitiride version, and I like a little bling once in a while. It seems to shoot everything, even the 40 grain VMax reloads, but the GHB bag in the truck has 6 mags of 62 grain HPBT and 4 mags of 62 Grain soft points, both of which it will put into small groups with almost no shift in POI at 100 yards.
    And yes...I do lock my truck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Newman31B and fatal-bert33 like this.
  16. TNTRAILERTRASH

Ajole: green Amazon special laser that works well enough for it to be the main sight in CQB. Ozark Outfitters? I hate the mounts.

16” BCA 1:9, P223 scope, 3 lb trigger, brand name trigger, or home polished/designed?

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Ajole: green Amazon special laser that works well enough for it to be the main sight in CQB. Ozark Outfitters? I hate the mounts.
    It’s a TWOD brand laser, and the mount is by ADE Advanced Optics. Under $40 all in.

16” BCA 1:9, P223 scope, 3 lb trigger, brand name trigger, or home polished/designed?
    Davidson Defense, a $100 cartridge unit, via Delta Team Tactical. They’re light, but I really prefer the two stage LaRue, at $90, but back then, I didn’t know about LaRue. Some day I should try buffing up a trigger out of an LPK, I have a few sitting in bags.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

My AR40 got polished by me. It is a PSA EPT nickle plated trigger. I could have gone into using a piece of sash cord with polishing compound on it. Just couldn't get the right Dremel pad to do the inside of the hook very well. I went with the Wolff light weight disconnector spring, and trigger spring. 5.5lbs is what I ended up with. I didn't use the supplied light hammer spring. I'm only hitting pistol primers so I should swap that out too.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  19. Here's an updated picture of my build. Just added a new quick adjust two point sling and handguard. My wife rattle canned the handguard for me. She was very excited. Now with a quality optic, sling and flashlight I believe my 50 shades of FDE build is complete. [​IMG]

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  20. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

OK, I know I've been promising pics of my newest AR additions, figured this is a great place to put them.

First we have a 16" in 223 Wylde.
    1. BKF upper
    2. PSA lower and LPK
    3. Ambi Charging handle
    4. AIM sports Titanium BCG
    5. SIG Romeo MSR with Tacticon 3x magnifier
    6. Fab defense MBUS
    7. UTG Ultra slim AFG
    8. Mission First Tactical AR-15 Battlelink Minimalist Stock

Very light, sighted her in out back on my 25 yd range but gotta get it out to the local range and stretch her legs.
    IMG_20200922_010855.jpg
    IMG_20200922_012006.jpg
    IMG_20200922_012020.jpg

Next we have my newest, AR 15 pistol.

1. Franklin Armory complete lower (binary trigger installed).
    2. 7.5" 5.56 / .223 AR-15 1X7 Ballistic Advantage DRP Profile barrel
    3. Zaviar Arms upper (Added my barrel, so I have a spare...)
    4. Fab Defense Pistol grip
    5. Fab Defense Mag well grip (deciding if keeping it on)
    6. VISM hand stop (had it in my "parts" box - still deciding if keeping it on).
    7. Fab Defense MBUS
    8. NBS Lightweight .223/5.56 Bolt Carrier Group - Nickel Boron
    9. Ambi Charging handle
    10. Eotech 512

Let's just say, this is LOUD as crap!!! Nice little fireball. Once again cleaned her up after sighting it in @ 25 yds, need to get this one to the local range also and stretch it a bit.
    Fun to shoot though, tried the binary. Takes some getting use to but man its nuts. Had to go through the whole "function test" that was in their manual. Also the mag well and hand stop are "legal" as of right now until the ATF changes their mind, people need to stop sending them letters asking and makes them think about it!!!

"The following 2011 letter from the Firearms Technology Branch classifies the magwell grip as an 'accessory' and holds that its addition to an AR pistol does not change the pistol's classification"

Also found a few letters from the ATF regarding handstops - AFGs are a grey area from what I have read and VFG are a big "no-no".
    IMG_20200922_011858.jpg

IMG_20200922_011905.jpg

And Because I'm lazy, here is my completed Roni-Glock Pistol with all the accessories finally put on that I wanted, still debating flashlight but the laser will work for now. Still need to get the laser zero'd

IMG_20200922_012117.jpg

Rabidwookie, Newman31B and moona11 like this.