Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I think that my next gun purchase will be a lever action .22. I grew up shooting a Henry lever action .45 and loved it.

Just curious what is even out there. I have looked at the offerings from Ruger, Marlin, and Henry...what else am I missing? Any opinions on any of them would be great, too.

I plan to use it for plinking and varmint shooting duty.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a Henry, very nice little gun... and I do mean little. I'm kind of a big guy and handling that gun makes me feel even bigger.

G

·
I think that the Henry golden boy is a very pretty rifle. Sorry I cant tell you I have one as I don't but they sure look cool.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
They ain't cheap because they're worth it.

Marlin 39A

G

·
The Henry models are very popular. They're good on the wallet too. I think our Wally World is selling them for $220-$230 (or something close to that).... It's a cheap cal for plinking too. Hell you could sit around all afternoon knocking cans down with it.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I have a Browning BL-22 and I'm very happy with it. My wife loves to shoot it too. The action is a short throw and lets you work the action without dropping from your shoulder, and because the trigger moves with the lever you won't pinch your fingers.

Ron M.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Damn tatters!! You seem to have a nice house! Love the coulums. Yes im a painter!

G

·
I've got a Henry, too, I think I gave $125 @ Wally World about 4 years ago, can't go wrong with almost any lever action, they have proven themselves through multiple decades of use, and lots of us left-handers.
They were the only rifle that was reasonably southy tolerant. Not as big a problem now, but we are still prejudiced against by the firearms industry.
I also have an older Ithaca .22 single shot that is still willing to go bang with every round pushed into it. Got the Ithaca from a connection on this forum. One's trash is another's treasure. If I can actually part with that Ithaca, I might give it to my grand-daughter. But that if is huge, lol

Doc

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Thanks, Leland1.

My house was built by the Building Trades students from our local high school. They did a pretty nice job, but some of the details are kinda "cheated". The interior door frames are shimmed excessively, stuff like that.

That pic is one Henry uses on their website, and it was also on the back of one of the editions of their print catalog. Quite an honor for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts