Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some horday leverevoltion 30-30 shells to hunt with this year. I heard they greatly increase range and velocity. Have any of you guys tried them out yet? If so, what did you think? I haven't had a chance to take my 30-30 out and try them yet. I'm starting to get excited about filling the freezer with venison!!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Basically the LEVERevolution is a specially designed bullet with a soft tip to mimic the normal ballistic shape of other rifle bullets but still be safe in tube fed lever action rifles.

The following is a quite from hornady's website about the ammunition.

LEVEREVOLUTION® is the most exciting thing to ever happen to lever gun ammunition. Hornady, the leader in ballistic technology, brings you an innovation in ammunition performance featuring state of the industry elastomer Flex TipTM Technology that is SAFE in your tubular magazine. Its higher ballistic coefficient delivers dramatically flatter trajectories for fantastic downrange energy increases and amazing bullet expansion at all ranges. It truly is an evolution in lever gun ammunition!
Hornady's LEVERevolution Page

·
Registered
302 Posts
Please give us you impression after you've used them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very limited experience here as well. Last year about this time my buddy and I decided it was time to sight the deer rifles in and decided to go to a pay for use range and shoot after work because they are lighted. One of the gun along was my buddies Marlin lever action 30-30. He had standard ammo and a bunch of the new LEVERevolution. The night was extremely windy, well over 20 MPH sustained. All the rifles and calibers (30-06, .243, .257 Roberts, and 30-30) shot 4-6 inches left at 50 yards. Curiously the standard 30-30 ammo was all over the place while the "normal" tipped ammo of the other calibers held very solid groups, just blown to the left. Time came for the LEVER ammo and while it to shot left it didn't scatter like the blunt nosed standard ammo.

While that was a one time experiment it seemed obvious then that the pointed tipped ammo was much more consistent in the conditions. While it isn't triple the price of standard ammo around here the LEVER stuff is steep. But it comes in such a cool box, lol. Unfortunately he didn't shoot a deer with the ammo so we have no idea how well they work against flesh and bone but I can't imagine they are anything less than lethal.

G

·
My 30-30 loves them. They are the most accurate round I've found for my Marlin 336C. My friend was amazed that I put the first two, and only shots, in the bullseye on two different trips to his shooting range. I think they are worth the extra money for the peace of mind that whatever I aim at I'm going to hit where I aim.

My son took his first buck at 135yrds with this bullet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.