Life of a Scooter owner

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Dec 4, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

Story of my life....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. minidriver

minidriver Member

mmmmmm scooters,,,,,,, fun to ride,,,,, for a bit,,,,, till I hit the interstate,,,,but in town, not too bad. But a KLR-650 is hard to beat in any condition.

3. neothespian

neothespian Member

You've obviously never driven a GTS250, or the Suzuki Burgman 400... Those are MADE for the interstate. Mine hops down the 101 and I-10 at 75mph quite comfy (well, when it's working...stupid bastard shops...)

And then there's the Gilera Fuoco 800. Yes, that's an 800cc, 3 wheeled scooter. Top speed of just over 130mph.

[​IMG]

I'd take that into a 55mph corner anyday :devilsidesmile:

4. Jackpine Savage

Jackpine Savage Member

Three wheels makes either a TRICYCLE or a BIG WHEEL, LOL. With that being accepted as a scooter, would an autorickshaw also count?

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Scooters are kinda like fat chicks, they're fun to ride but dont let your freinds catch you on one.

SW

6. neothespian

neothespian Member

Funny how Americans are the only ones who don't get it.....not meant to be rude but this is the only place I've lived where a motorcycle gets though of as a "moped" simply by where the engine is placed on the frame.

Suppose it would be better if it had a 100 year old engine and got half the fuel economy of other motorcycles. Oh, and remove any form of warranty and triple the price. But, then you'd have a Harley...

(Don't mind me: Been dealing with the shop and fighting warranty companies. Piaggio doesn't seem to like sending parts to the US...having to get them via Brazil...ugh...)

7. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

I'll stick to my truck...the whole lack of storage space would get to me. I'm sure I'd get a lot of awesome looks from law enforcement driving to the range in an assault vest full of mags with pistols and "assault" weapons hanging all off of it hahaha.

8. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

ive rode a bike to the range with an AK across my back and a range bag strapped to the back carrier. nobody made any noise about it. One guy waved and siad "nice rifle".

SW

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

I have rocked the 995 on the vespa, but in the range bag most probably didn't know what it was.

10. Jackpine Savage

Jackpine Savage Member

Well, Neo I have to ask does that make my Honda trail 90 a moped or not. I know it's ugly, and slow, but has more fun value than just about any other bike I've owned. Besides it makes a great grouse hunting rig.