Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's with this? They never heard of Hi-Point??

The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. This is the first warranty of its type in the industry. No other manufacturer has the confidence to extend this kind of offer. Except us. We know how good our guns are, and we are not afraid to stand behind them...for a lifetime.
:brow:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
their policy doesnt not cover freight, nor any other charges beyond simple repairs. plus if they decide that ammo or user modifcation caused the problem, none of it is covered. ive been down that road with a gun i worked on. i disassembled it, inspected it and decided the problem was out of my ability. i helped the owner pack it up and he sent it off. two months later he had a bill in the mail for over 100$ for return freight and labor charges. they paid the parts, but he had to pay teh labor as they decided it was "user abuse" that caused the problem. last taurus i ever reccomended to anyone, and part of the source of my dislike of taurus customer serivce. ive also heard other reports of horrid CS from several other forums.

SW

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have been research taurus pretty heavily as I really like the new 709. From what I've seen is it takes 6+ weeks minimum to get a gun back. there have been a few users on the taurus forums that have had their guns at the repair shop for 6months+ . they apparently are waiting for parts to come from south america. How hard is it to keep parts around, there can't me that many for each model? There have been reports that the repair shops don't even have parts for the 709 yet. so there are brand new guns sitting that the repair shop waiting for the repair shop to start stocking parts for that model.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
This is the first warranty of its type in the industry.
well maybe because Hi-point's warranty is not explicitly stated that way. its just the way it is practiced
Actually on the Hi-Point home page of their website it is stated under the "Warranty" section as follows:

"All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, no-questions asked warranty. Whether you are the original purchaser, or a third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Lifetime Warranty.. IT A JOKE...

Hi-point may have a life time warranty, try shipping back for repair!!!
USP and FEDEX charge "over" $50.00 in shipping cost, that's over 1/4 the original cost of the pistol's
purchase price. Hi-point knows that, they can't be so detached from they customer's not to realize it!
NOW, if Hi-point gave a "RMA number", sent the shipping label
paying the cost of returning there defective gun I believe the company would go under!!! I think most
Hi-point owns don't return there defective pistols because of the cost and hassle's of returning this cheap
piece of junk.

IF YOU HAVE A GOOD AMERICAN PRODUCT THAT OUT BEATS
THE COMPETITION IN PRICE AND RELIABILITY AND GIVE A REAL LIFE TIME WARRANTY,
AND PAID TO RETURN "YOUR" DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.. Now that would be a life time warranty
and customers would be beating down your door for your product...

HI-POINT PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS...

·
Banned
10,232 Posts

USP and FEDEX charge "over" $50.00 in shipping cost, that's over 1/4 the original cost of the pistol's
purchase price. Hi-point knows that, they can't be so detached from they customer's not to realize it!
paying the cost of returning there defective gun I believe the company would go under!!! I think most
Hi-point owns don't return there defective pistols because of the cost and hassle's of returning this cheap
piece of junk.

AND PAID TO RETURN "YOUR" DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.. Now that would be a life time warranty

I think you are misinformed about the shipping costs. it should only be around $10 or so to ship UPS or Fedex. Don't say its a firearm, just ship it as 'Machine parts".

·
Registered
503 Posts

piece of junk.

You can ship as machine parts, OR you can take it to any FFL dealer and they will send it in for you. Hi Point will give you a magazine to help cover shipping cost.
Relax and get some facts before you jump off the deep end!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Don't know where this person is from. Would be nice if they would share that information. Virgin Islands, Alaska or some other remote location that costs an arm and leg to ship from.

Read in the person's earlier post they were unwilling to send as machine parts in case it got lost. Because they would be out a gun.

In almost 16 years shipping an average of 4 packages a day with UPS or FEDEX combine they only lost two packages temporarily. Both of which were smaller than an IPod. And found less than two days latter. But I never left any of them at a drop box though.

Now good old USPS is a whole different story.

Walt

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Yep, I hear ya Walt, but thats what happens when you eat a bowl of stupid everyday. A person can insure their package when they ship it so if anything happens to it, its covered. The whole deal with telling them its a firearm is why they jack the shipping up. If you tell them machine parts like mother shirley at hipoint tells us to do (technically thats what they are anyway) it doesnt cost us but normal rates based on weight and destination.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
guys, do what i do. take the pistol apart and tell them its gun parts. which it is. taht way you're covered for loss and its not a functional firearm. FUNCTIONAL being the key word here. if its dissasembled, its parts. if they ask you if its a complete firearm, say no, because it isnt. its a box of parts.

SW

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.