Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a C9, and the trigger is WAY to heavy for my taste.

I usually shoot a target .22 for bullseye competition, so I'm used to a 2 lb (or less) trigger. I shoot only at targets, and I won't use the C9 for self defense, so a lighter trigger should be safe.

What can I do (or tell my gunsmith) to lighten the C9's trigger?

It feels like about 10 lbs now with lots and lots of creep.

I've seen posts about the Bushman aftermarket trigger, but it sounds like it is mostly cosmetic.

Will just polish or stoning of sear help a lot?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The best thing to do is take the C9 to your gunsmith and have him/her look it over. They will understand the firing system, and will know the consequences of changing things around to lighten up the pull.

Have you thought about using the heavier trigger as an opportunity to train yourself to handle a heavier trigger accurately? Most common defensive firearms have a 6 pound of more trigger pull (except the 1911s or course - they set the standard as far a triggers go). Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, guys. I hope I can arrive at a lighter trigger eventually, since I shoot only targets and the stock C9 is hard for me to control precisely. My target pistols are around 2 lbs. of pull and break, as they say, like glass. Bad guys are scarce where I live (thank goodness!), but you never know when the meth labs may start up again and supply us with drugged out crazies, so I'll keep in mind learning to shoot a self-defense trigger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took Tin Can Assassin's advice and contacted HP's tech department. The gun is now on its way to Beemiller for work to lighten and crisp up the trigger pull. Great company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm delighted to report that my C9 came back in about 10 days with a MUCH lighter trigger--courtesy of the Hi-Point factory--free of charge and with an extra magazine "for my trouble." Incredible service. I'm having no trouble now with what I'd guess is about a 4 lb. trigger pull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts