Lighter trigger

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ChrisZX2, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ChrisZX2

ChrisZX2 Member

Ok the jcp is doing very well. I would tho like to improve the trigger feel. I know I can smooth it out by poishing the sear but what about making it lighter? Ive seen a guy cut two coils off his striker spring but im worried that might induce misfires

2. DEDUBE

DEDUBE Si vis pacem para bellum Member

Unless your a professional gunsmith I would error on the side of safety and leave your trigger alone.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Here's your official warning.
    Do NOT mess with sears or springs!

Now what you can do:
    Get a Joey trigger and while you have the gun apart to install lightly rub the moving parts and lever arms with 2000 sandpaper. Wouldn't call it polish per se, just a couple of passes.
    Lightly lubricate and reassemble. You'll be surprised what that does.
    Mine went from gritty and inconsistent to a nice smooth pull with a better break.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1435868894.399705.jpg

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I just shot a few thousand rounds through mine and it smoothed out. My way is more fun. :)

5. OLDMSUDAWG

OLDMSUDAWG Member

I just had a "gun smith" install a JOEY trigger on my HiPoint 45 pistol. I did not have the expertise to install. Just got out to the range yesterday and the trigger is sticking on ever round fired. I have had to physically pull the trigger back and it fires again and then sticks. I have also found that if I bump the magazine the trigger will release. Anyone got a suggestion on how to improve my condition. I really liked the gun when I got it but wanted to take some of the slack in the trigger.
    Advice please.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The right grip isn't installed correctly and grip screw isn't snug enough.

7. OLDMSUDAWG

OLDMSUDAWG Member

Thanks for your advice. I just checked the right grip. I took it off and lubed everything. Looked ok but I will take to the range next week.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    It's the right grip that keeps the trigger bar and sear cam aligned. If not installed correctly they slip off each other and the trigger won't reset. You can test if it's fixed by just dry firing it.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

.....apparently your gunsmith didn't have much expertise either.

10. OLDMSUDAWG

OLDMSUDAWG Member

I know this sounds stupid but I am unable to Dry Fire the pistol. The trigger will not pull. With a round in the pistol it will fire great once. I must be doing something wrong!!!!!

EDIT !!!!!
    I think the right grip removal and replacement has fixed the trigger. I am now able to dry fire and the trigger comes back properly. Thanks for the help.
    I needed this to work I was going in circles.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. cicpup

Vermont
    Remove mag. Rack slide. Insert empty mag. Squeeze trigger. Repeat.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ok i tried a lighter trigger, but it just made it more difficult to get my finger in there.

Attached Files:

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Is that Joey's new version

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Actually it was Anna's. I don't smoke.

15. RobbK

RobbK Member

I thought the joey key chain only held 9mm bullets..

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

No no no. It converts any HP in to a .22.

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    [​IMG]

:D

18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    So Much HUMOR!!!

Nice addition to the Bacon Stock TS :rofl:

PS: Looks like you like your Bacon "well done" :D

Damn that SWAGA for making me notice! ;)

19. ChrisZX2

ChrisZX2 Member

I smoothed down the trigger linkage and while I was at it didn't think it would hurt to take 2000gt to the sear face and seat. MUCH better trigger now, almost two stage like.

20. ChrisZX2

ChrisZX2 Member

I polished the trigger linkage and while I was at it didn't think it would hurt to take 2000 grit to the sear face and seat. MUCH better trigger now, almost two stage like. Gonna test it out tomorrow along with my polished feed ramp.