Like I need Another One

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, May 23, 2015.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Looking at the local ads and there is a 995TS. Bad thing is the stock has been sprayed "camo." I just want black. How hard would it be to remove the paint?

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You'll never get the polly back to original color. Plus if they sanded it? Just repaint it.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the kind of paint used, but what cicpup said. The easiest would be just repaint it.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

I'll probably pass. FG, R/G dot on it for $250. I asked if he still had the iron sights. He thought so. He has my number if he wants to drop the price. It is getting close to the end of the month. Bills are due and that can effect the price. Melvin could probably finagle it down to $125 ;)

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    The Kyrlon paint bonds with plastics.

6. I don't think guns should be painted.

7. greg_r

None of my guns are painted either, but....I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the 3895TS. When it gets here I am going to paint it and my CF380 in a Star Wars theme, kind of an Imperial Storm Trooper set. Even thinking of putting a shark's mouth on them like Talon did for his son!

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    That might look cool.

[​IMG]

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I tried to paint a gun once, it did not turn out as I wanted. Now if someone with experience had painted one I may be interested? I usually only get the worn out, beat up & missing parts guns for $125. But I have picked up a few gems too.

Attached Files:

10. greg_r

That is real close to what I'm after.

11. Slightly off topic but

for those who think guns and paint do not mix I offer my pride and joy and one of my favorites to shoot(Ruger P85 Mk II)
    [​IMG]

So there, lol!

paul

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What kind of paint?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Boy Kids would love to play with that one.:confused:

14. No kids in my home but I know it looks like candy, lol. The Artist/Painter used Durakote I believe and he has a web site and does modest to wild paint jobs. This was one of his early ones and I said the colors I did NOT want and the rest was up to him. The stars incidentally glow in the dark! I may have him do some sort of dual color for my TS995 when I get the money.

paul

15. greg_r

Uninhabited..........no!

16. For a moment, I thought someone had slipped me some LSD....:eek:

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

I got it yesterday. He dropped the price to $225. No rear factory sight, he did have the front sight. I took it to my FLGS and tried their newly opened indoor range and zeroed in the R/G Center Point. It works good.

18. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

So you just had to have it?
    Sure sign of an ADDICTION!!!
    Like you need another one?

19. didn't know you could have to many toys

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have no idea what you were talking about. I can quit anytime. I have to head out to work early today to hit the ATM...........