Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Limp wrist this......Limp wrist that...... That is what I hear a lot of people talking about, that you should always have a firm grip and a locked elbow and wrist or your gun will surly jam. Tonight I was at the range thinking to myself, no matter how I hold or shoot my Hi Point C9, weak grip just barley hanging onto my pistol, rapid fire, loose elbows and a "limp wrist," or just a limp one handed shot....... I can't get the thing to jam. I shot over 250 rounds tonight and not one hiccup, come to think of the, since the first 100 rounds I shot through my C9, I haven't had any jams or what not in over, well, probably 2000 some rounds. Anyone else able to shoot however they feel like it and not have to worry about a jam?

John

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
if you hold it really loose like maybe seting it on the ground then maybe it will jam because of there not being any force holding it back for the slide to work off the recoil but as for as holding it in your hand i think that just the force of you holding it will be enough to get the slide to work.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
also that depends on how hot the ammo is. with my 40 if i load puffball target rounds, you have to really hang on to amke it cycle properly. with my full power rounds i can hang on with three fingers and it works good.

SW

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
It also would depend on the break in of the gun. If you have a gun that's had 2000 rounds through it the spring will not be quite as stiff as a brand new one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Limp wrist this......Limp wrist that...... That is what I hear a lot of people talking about, that you should always have a firm grip and a locked elbow and wrist or your gun will surly jam. Tonight I was at the range thinking to myself, no matter how I hold or shoot my Hi Point C9, weak grip just barley hanging onto my pistol, rapid fire, loose elbows and a "limp wrist," or just a limp one handed shot....... I can't get the thing to jam. I shot over 250 rounds tonight and not one hiccup, come to think of the, since the first 100 rounds I shot through my C9, I haven't had any jams or what not in over, well, probably 2000 some rounds. Anyone else able to shoot however they feel like it and not have to worry about a jam?

John
While it is true that your wrists should be locked to ensure proper cycling of the gun. Your elbows should not be locked. The elbows should be firm but flexible, slightly bent.
Glad that you have had such great success with your C9.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
locked elbows are a trademark of the iscoles target shooting stance. they give your arms extra rigidity for faster shot to shot times and better accuracy. bent elbows are more used in the weaver stance which is more designed for real world self defense/combat shooting. i use either depending upon what kind of shooting im doing.

SW

·
Registered
114 Posts

John
You sound almost disappointed.

I've never tried shooting in a way that would intentionally jam a gun. I've also never driven a car in a way that would intentionally wreck it. In either case, what would be the point?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My point is that my Hi Point is a great pistol!!! Its kinda like tools, Craftsman for example. Just about all my Craftsman tools are beat to heck and even tho they have a lifetime, they never let me down, like my Hi Point.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts