Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rencently came into about 3000 rounds of 9x18mm Makarov from my uncle. Hes some kind of demolisher or something, he tears down old decrepid buidlings to put up new ones. And hes knows I have a few 9mm. And he saw 9x18mm on the can. And thought thats what I needed, its not....but I didnt say no. So now I'm in search of something to shoot it with.

Next gun show I will be looking out for....

Polish P-64
Feg PA63
Makarov PM....or even a PMM to move the ammo quicker.

What else shoots this round? Thats cool looking and fun to shoot, preferably something with a single action trigger too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
CZ-82

Most of the surplus gun dealers have them stocked. They run about $190 -$200. Im looking at picking one up soon.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Do you know what grain the ammo is? PA-63 don't like anything about 95 grain. I shot some 100 grain Wolf 9x18 through mine and it blew the slide off. I generally shoot 94 grain through it now (they say 95 is the maximum). The PA-63 is a great little pistol though (if you can handle the recoil). I use mine for a CCW occasionally.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Odds are its 93-95gr ammo. The PA-63 is the only one of the 9x18 pistols that should not be used with heavy bullets but the Polish P-64 will beat your hand to death with heavy bullet loads. A Makarov or CZ-82 are the better choices for shooters and the PA-63 for a CCW. Look for a Bulgarian Mak, these run about 125-150 in very good+ condition. The CZ-82 runs 140-200 depending on condition and dealer. The East German Maks are the best but are hard to find and run 250-350. Don't get one of the high cap. Russian Maks they are known to be jam prone.

Ron M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.