Little sis passed the tests!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, May 7, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

Well, as many of you know my little sister has been working her rear off since being accepted to school to begin training to become an EMT, and her first battery of exams were sometime at the beginning of the semester.

Well, her finals are now done, her paperwork was submitted, and her clinicals were reviewed.

She graduated college in the TOP 1% of her class!!

She should be shopping for companies to work for as an EMT within the month, and the Navy has made a VERY lucrative offer that she's thinking of taking, including expidited full citizenship and a pretty hefty pay scale increase over standard recruits. It seems female field medics are the hot ticket these days in the armed forces.

I'm so proud :D

2. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Sweet! Is she going to go back for her Paramedic? If she thought EMT was rough, she ain't seen nothing yet! My wife and I would go for a week or two at a time without seeing each other. She'd do 12, 24, and 48-hour shifts, sometimes back-to-back-to-back-back...

My wife has a test with a department this Tuesday, and another one next Tuesday... If things go well, we'll be able to start paying some principal on all of these student loans, instead of just paying interest like we've been doing. ;)

Tell your sister "Good luck with the job hunt". She's got some exciting times ahead of her!

3. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Congrats! I hope everything works out well for her and she enjoys her career .

4. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Tell her I said congrats and when she really gets into the blood and guts and it starts to bother her go talk to someone and keep her sanity. Too many cases of burnout and stress can cause a lot of folks to give up on Emergency Medicine [I know I was one of them]

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

She's better prepared than most, consdiering the "blood and guts" therapy we had to undergo as kids back home. So at least she knows who to talk to and is more prepared than the other recruits. I'm confident. That and she's so active in the local theater scene that she has that balance between work and an outside life detached from the job that it should help counter alot of the stress.

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Good on ya... now we need to see a pic of your sister in her scrubs/EMT tactical outfit with or without scissor pocket!

7. Sweet! Wish her good luck from all of us!

8. Sweet. I give her two years before she becomes jaded and cynical like the rest of us (EMTs, that is). lol.

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ah, but you don't know the resilience of our family! I've been working in the arts 12 years and STILL slug away at non-profit theater, gurellia productions and indie films when all but 3 of the 160 people in my program in college have dropped and become executives or managers at Chili's.

Besides, she came pretty jaded from the factory (she's a serious one), so I think she's already got some of it built in, like a vaccine.

10. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Already hitting on his sister are we?

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

12. Tell her congrats for me.

13. thats fantastic!

I just got my Emergency Response and CPR for professional rescuers certs this week myself.

14. If she's hot, as a brother EMT I get first dibs lmao.

15. Its bad to dip your pen in company ink. :wink:

16. Different company bro. Same field though lol.

17. neothespian

neothespian Member

First off: She is already engaged.

Second: I will employ my entire education, experience, connections and even go to night school to expand my knowledge in order to put the hurt on ANYONE who puts the moves on my little sis! That, and she has a 98 range score.

As for pics.... I'm leery of posting them on here considering how much leering they got last time. :roll:

18. Don't worry, just yanking your chain :). I wouldn't go out with any females related to anyone on here unless asked... not only am I a gentleman, but I know ya'll own guns lol.

Side note: If her fiancee isn't in the same field, I'd tell her it might be a good idea for her to take him along for a few rides once she gets some experience. We have an extremely high divorce rate relatively speaking, and a huge contributing factor is non fire/police/ems/etc. spouses simply can't understand what we do all day at work, and can't be there emotionally for us because they don't understand (ok, I'll stop sounding like I'm on "The View" now lol).

Best of luck to her in personal and professional endeavours! :)

19. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I just wanted to see if there was truth behind the drool I see on the forum, every time you mention your sister. That's all I wanted to see, heck a black and white facial shot would suffice. Neo, I even went as far as wearing those baggy uniforms they adoringly call "scrubs" or the EMT pants, which are tactical navy BDU's with OR without the Scissor Pocket on the right pants... but whatever.
    Is she one of your top friends on your MySpace??? I bet she is!!!

20. Hey Neo, tell your sis to go for the OFFICER PROGRAM!!! Leave the enlisted stuff to us un-educated people. We're smarter than 99% of the officers anyway.... :wink:

Love ya bro!!! :D

Seriously, mucho congrats to your sister man. That's awseome.