Loading magazines....

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by burchamj, Apr 14, 2014.

1. burchamj

burchamj Member

so I've had a hi point 9c for a while now. Just bought a 995ts, i really like it. But is it just me? or maybe I'm not doing it right? but are hi points the hardest magazines to load?

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    First time I went to the range with my 995TS, after handloading a few mags, I went out to the range shop and bought a Uplula loader.

3. QUOTE=burchamj;2128194]so I've had a hi point 9c for a while now. Just bought a 995ts, i really like it. But is it just me? or maybe I'm not doing it right? but are hi points the hardest magazines to load?[/QUOTE]

I bought a Uplula loader before I even bought the gun.. you can get a real nice one from amazon.. ill try to put a link here to mine.. its a bit pricy, but oh my does it same your fingers.. works on 45s, 38s and 32s that iv shot so far..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBHNHE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. burchamj

burchamj Member

haha yeah i need to invest in one. I just fully loaded it, it gets even worse past 7...

5. Smaug

Smaug Smaug Member

Uplula loader

I also had to buy one, loading 45's were killing my fingers and frustrating to boot. Now, I walk around the range asking if anyone needs their mag refilled.

6. aeroe

aeroe Member

It took a couple cycles of each mag before I was comfortably loading 10 rounds in my new 995TS. Maybe they broke in a little for me? It wasn't easy at that point, but I didn't find it overly difficult like the first couple attempts.
    A new handgun I'll be buying will come with a loader, so that kinda solves my problem. (I would try a C9, but my carry has to be ambi.)

7. NWPatriot

NWPatriot Member

Strange, I must have received an odd magazine - my JHP .45 magazine was a cinch to load compared to my other .45 (Glock 21sf). I've not even considered using an Uplula with it.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. Same here, no problem loading JHP .45 mags by hand till round #9 which requires a bit more effort. Tho the speed loader does look intriguing except for the price.

10. desertrider

desertrider Member

If only there was a rifle caliber mag loading contraption that allowed the same versatility as my UpLula, I'd be all over it. Well, as long as the price weren't outrageous.

11. handcannon

handcannon Member

Hah my 45 jhp is a breeze compared to my .762 just takes a little getting used to I suppose

12. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

i use mechanix wear gloves when i'm at the range and makes loading mags so much easier plus the firearm feels better in my hands

13. desertrider

desertrider Member

Same here, I wear gloves all the time when shooting. Well, except when I'm taking a pic of my gloves on the tailgate.;)

[​IMG]

14. I bought a Uplula loader before I even bought the gun.. you can get a real nice one from amazon.. ill try to put a link here to mine.. its a bit pricy, but oh my does it same your fingers.. works on 45s, 38s and 32s that iv shot so far..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBHNHE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/QUOTE]

Got mine at Walmart. Cost a bit more than if I had gotten one from Amazon, but I didn't feel like waiting for it to ship. I'll use it until it fails, and then I'll buy another one.

15. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

There are tons of those on ebay too. :D

16. The only problem loading my .45 mag is the 10th round is really hard to get in....lol

17. I bet you you finally got that tenth round in the mag bottom blew out. :eek:

18. burchamj

burchamj Member

Ive loaded the full mag 6 or 7 times, it already seems to have gotten much better.

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

All six of my .45 mags must be odd, as well as the .40 mags for my carbines, as they all load super easy.

20. norham

norham Member

Weaklings. Try loading hundreds of MP40 and STEN mags. Now this is where one needs a loading tool....