Local Gun Show was a JOKE!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MachoMelvin, Feb 15, 2015.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I let my Dad & brother talk me into going to a local gun show. I ran into a few people I knew from the internet. All in all, some dealers had their guns priced to take home, while others had theirs priced to sell or willing to negotiate? Found some decent prices on some ammo. NO Hi Points & the 22LR were $65 a brick. It cost me $7 to get in, and the only thing I bought was some snake oil to remove scratches from my glasses. But hey, it worked! My Dad & brother both took Ruger pistols to sell, & both were sold. For some reason they seem to be on this Ruger Challenger kick? My older brother bought on Friday & now everybody wants one, makes no sense to me!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Yeah I too have been disappointed with the recent shows. I did however get 10 Magpul AK47 mags for $100 last show, which was a good deal!

3. rickm

rickm Member

I never go to a gun show looking to buy guns or ammo they are always over priced but go to talk to people i normally dont see to often and to look for reloading stuff since there is no where locally to get it without a 3 hour drive one way, and all the small accessories for reloading and guns that i dont want to pay shipping on plus it is a good place for the wife to window shop and handle all kinds of different guns before i go and buy her one.

4. That's kind of how I'm about gun shows also. Just an added bonus if there is a rifle at it for me to buy.

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Crocodile Productions puts on lots of small gun shows in MN, all of them suck. Same gougers dragging the same garbage from show to show hoping to sell enough over priced ammo to pay for the table fee...

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

They have some pretty big shows around here in the Denver area but ditto on the prices :eek:

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have just about quit going to gun shows. Prices are inflated and many of the dealers are just plain A-holes who think buyers are gullible and don't know anything about guns.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I understand the need to pay for the table fee and what not, but when you're selling used guns for more than new, and new for $50+ over normal LGS prices, not many will buy from you.

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

At another local gun show in Lancaster, Ohio yesterday, they had a accidental discharge of a weapon. No one was hurt, just allot of people ducking & running?

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

probably a mad mommy affiliate trying to scare people into banning gun shows or some nonsense.