Local gun snob told my mom that a hp is junk. Tried to sell her a $800 glok

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by kevin6154, May 9, 2014.

1. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I dunno how to copy a link so I'll post a screen shot of a txt that has a link in it. The local gun snob told my mother today that he won't sell hp cause they are junk. I told her to show him this vid! As very she is inexperienced shooter I'm actualy going to recomend her a tarus judge public defender for carry and home defense. I know her and I know she will not practice. A revolver will be more reliable than any auto pistol. W some 000buck and a couple 45colt should do the job! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1399678931.360538.jpg if I did this right you should see my big ass proving all the gun snobs wrong! Check it out:)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. Haters hating just makes owning them and shooting them flawless that much better. I own a lot of guns and there is not a thing wrong with a HP firearm. I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 bashers have never owned or fired one.

3. If your mom is inexperienced and doesn't practice, I would NOT recommend a .410 revolver, they kick like a mule.

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

Agree very much. Perhaps she would be better off in the .38 range and then bug her like hell to PRACTICE!!

5. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

An $800 Glock? New ones sell for $550 plus tax around here.

It's one thing to diss Hi-Point (not everyone thinks the same), but ripping off people on top of it shows this guy is a sleazy character.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

What kind of Glock is $800 I'm curious??

7. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Some people really do think HP's are not reliable. If my mother wanted a handgun, I would get her a revolver because of simplicity. If someone not familiar with firearms wants one, a pistol that probably needs magazine tweaking right off the bat is probably not a good choice.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

Thing is, not all need tweaking at all. Some do, yes, but ive seen glocks that needed tweaking too. No gun, regardless of price, is guaranteed to be flawless prior to proper break-in, during which time youre sure to have an occasional hiccup in performance.

9. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Yes, however, HP's are known to need magazine tweaking. If Mom wanted a pistol, and I was not close to check it out and tweak it if needed, I would not recommend a new HP. I would, however, give her mine without a second thought.

10. I would not recomend a judge either, I would recomend taking her to a range and getting some time in shooting so she can decide what she wants.

My wife is very happy with her HP and JA 380. A 44 CA Bulldog can be had for less than a judge, conceals better, and is manageable. But if she wants a HP by all means help her get a HP. If she wants a Glock $800 is WAYYYYY over priced.

I suggest the S&W SDVE to many people. Similar to a Glock, trigger pull more like a Colt Python then a Glock trigger pull, and only $305 from Bud's Guns. Size is about equal to a Glock 19/23. Or about the size of C9 just much thinner and lighter.

Reviews have them as very reliable. BTW we now own three Glocks did not pay over 400 for any of them. Last two were blue label first one was used. Good guns but they are not all that. One of the blue labels broke after 10 rounds and had to be sent back to Glock for a new frame.

BTW a couple members here have bought the SCCY and have seemed happy with them, they are under $300 at Bud's.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  11. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

12. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

An extremely over priced one from a local store that saw a very inexperienced diminutive woman. The guy knows me cause I buy ammo there sometimes (close to my house, ammo is reasonable). She just asked cause she has seen my vid and doesn't wanna spend big $$$. I explained that not every new one runs like that and I had to fool w my 40s mag a lil to make it reliable. At 5'1" and 130lbs I'm thinking a judge or a 38spl snub.

13. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I can garuntee she is not going to practice enough to be sufficient. I mentioned a sw sdve and a sw 636 the shop where I get my hps has both new and used. We r gonna go there in a couple hours and she's gonna hold both and feel the differance. I almost bought the used sdve myself. $250 used and it's not very worn. A lil scratched up but the internals look ok. After we gonna go to the local indoor range and I'll rent her a 38 and a sdve and she can decide. As a stubborn Slovak woman she's gonna buy one today or tomorow cause she feels she needs it so I'm Tryna give her the best info I can.

14. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I offered her my 45. But at 5'1" and 130lbs it's a bit too much for her to carry. Lol

15. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

+1 that.... My Mom's side of the family is Croatian....

16. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

17. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Mom 100% Slovak dad 90% German 10% Native American.

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

well then what she needs, is a Draco!!

19. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Remembering she is a bit older, and smaller, maybe a front grip as well ;)
    :p