Local news and things that make you go....hmmm

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Sep 5, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

You all have that moment once in a while.
    You see the local news, TV, paper or online and you run across a real WTH.....
    Here's one:

The family of a man who shot and killed a Charlotte County deputy two years ago was in court Friday morning to ask for the return of some of his belongings.

Jay Vanko killed Sgt. Michael Wilson before turning the gun on himself in August of 2013.

In a brief hearing, an attorney representing Vanko's daughter asked the judge for the bullet that her father killed himself with, and the bloody clothes he wore that day.

The judge approved the request.

The family also requested several guns belonging to Vanko, ammunition, his photo ID and computers that contain personal data. The family did not ask for the gun that was used to kill Sgt. Wilson.

"I want to say it's a little strange," said Jessica Kilian, a resident of the apartment complex where the murder occurred. "I don't know. Maybe it's their mourning process with it?"

Both families declined interview requests, as did the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. Vanko's daughter, incidentally, is also in law enforcement - she works overseas in the U.S. Air Force Military Police.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29961263/deputy-killers-family-makes-strange-request-in-court

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

The guns?? Not so weird. The bullet and clothes....HMMMM! Makes ya wonder what's on that computer :confused:

3. U.S. Air Force Security Forces*

Mourning processes are strange, but if Santorum can take his dead child home for 24 hours, I don't see how this is too unusual a request.

4. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Who knows why they would want that? I just don't understand what they are going to do with the bullet and clothes? Maybe put the bullet in a case with a brass plaque that says "don't be an F-Tard because this is what happens!" ???

5. SWAGA

Here's another little gem:

Steamy texts and naked pictures. A Fort Myers police officer is off the force after accusations that he had sex on the job.

NBC2 is digging into the department's internal investigation, in which Oscar Basora Jr.'s former lover claimed he was sending explicit photos and talking dirty while he was supposed to be training a rookie officer.

Basora was a member of the FMPD for nearly a decade, and recently became the focus of the investigation surrounding a complaint Noemi Jimenez filed with the department.

He resigned Wednesday, citing "personal reasons."

As part of the investigation, Basora was questioned extensively about his whereabouts while he was supposed to be serving the city.

He was asked if he'd sent naked pictures or explicit text messages, and if he recalled having relations with her while on duty.

Basora is quoted in the report saying, "We've had sex so much, I cannot pinpoint a place and time. It's impossible."

Jimenez claimed Basora would occasionally leave a rookie officer in the car and meet her at her apartment. She also claims to have had sex with him one time in a police car.

Nevertheless, though Jimenez provided phone records, text conversations, and videos, Basora denied the claims, and only said the two of them had a relationship and that he would occasionally bring her breakfast.

Fort Myers resident Tom Strauss said, if the claims are true, he's disappointed.

"They're out there to protect us and should be working," he said, "not doing that while they're working."

The investigation is still open. Police say Jimenez has been involved with other officers who were fired after similar accusations.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29963161/accused-fmpd-officer-resigns-for-personal-reasons

Apparently the accuser enjoys getting people fired.

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

He was protecting someone. Obviously kept her covered pretty well :rolleyes:

BTW, why do they call them "naked pictures"? Wouldn't a naked picture be a picture with no clothes on or nothing in the picture? Isn't it appropriate to say "a picture of ??? while naked? Just sayin :rolleyes:

7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Maybe she wants to harvest the genetic material and clone him...

8. EvilE424

Gosh let's hope not

9. Think1st

Florida
    She'll probably just end up making a fly-covered putrid stew of moldy old coagulated blood and clothing in a caserol dish if she tries.

10. SWAGA

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's Easy!

"A stiff d... has no conscience!" :rofl:

13. EvilE424

Gross Think1st!!! Blood soup is supposedly delicious:) I think if she did it, the soup would taste like A$$hole!

And if she cloned him then we could all have some target practice :)

14. Think1st

Florida
    In Korea they make a kind of sausage called "soon dae," which is made with blood. That stuff is awesome. But they use fresh bovine blood for that. In The States, you can get it in the frozen food section of Korean food stores, but it's best fresh in one of the traditional markets in Korea, itself.

15. EvilE424

I think a lot of cultures have blood sausage and all of it is supposed to be awesome!

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    Seems like all the girls I know love a big fresh blood sausage, on occasion! :D

17. EvilE424

gosh I hope you don't call IT that! You know blood sausage is usually black in color

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    Nah, :D :rofl:

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

We all heard you did. ;-)

20. You've never had normal US homemade blood sausage or had it from a butcher shop? My ma said that in the days before gov hot lunches, blood sausage was the most common thing that kid brought to eat at school.

I've never had the one that is made from squirrel blood, but some say that it is the best.