London (and the UK) now looking towards "Knife Control"

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade Forum' started by adam01364, Apr 10, 2018.

1. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

knife control.jpg

On April 2, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Britain began an incremental adoption of stringent gun controls in 1920. The controls were ratcheted up during the decades that followed, until the hoops one had to jump through for legal handgun ownership reached a point were doing so became impractical. (The handgun prohibitions were contained in the Firearms Act of 1997.)

In 2009, just 12 years after the passage of the Firearms Act, the Daily Mail declaredBritain was “the most violent country in Europe.” It reported that Britain had “a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S.”

On October 21, 2017, Breitbart News reported that rapes in London were three times higher than in New York City and, on April 2, 2018, Breitbart News reported that London’s homicide rate had surpassed the number of homicides in New York City, year-to-date.

London’s homicides are largely being committed with knives so the Mayor is increasingly focused on controlling knives and is granting police “extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected by knife crime.” The Daily Wire reports that “Parliament is also set to take up heavy ‘knife control’ legislation when it resumes this week.”

London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan used a tweet to go after knives with verbiage similar to gun control rhetoric. He said, “No excuses; there is never a reason to carry a knife.”

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...years-gun-control-london-adding-knife-control

2. retread

retread Member

wi.
    just remember the british are one of the most communist countries in the world. they've tried to rule the world including this country forever. they suck bad!!!

3. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Britain...you have fallen so far. :(

4. histed

histed Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    HUMMMM???? Forks next?

5. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

I'll bet Khan's fellow Muslims are leaving their knives at home (sarcasm off).

eldarbeast and OldOutlaw like this.
  6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

One didn't leave his knife at home in Paris, France today. He just stabbed people.

7. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

This has been a problem for some time, years back there was a discussion on the Belly Dance boards about dance swords being a problem in G.B.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's natural progression. Limeys will start fighting back when they go after Cricket Bats.

eldarbeast and adam01364 like this.
  9. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Europe has had that for years.
    Being illegal to conceal carry a blade other then a small pocket knife.
    And may I remind you of New Jersey:

Section 2C:39-3 of the New Jersey Criminal Code makes it illegal to carry "any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto . . . without any explainable lawful purpose." Furthermore, you are forbidden from possessing any other weapon "not manifestly appropriate for lawful use."

So it’s kinda Breitbart noise really.

10. adam01364

I'd cite mAssacho$hitz knife law, except it's one very long run-on sentence and is pretty much a clusterfuk.

IANAL, but stilettos, daggers, ballistic knives, and dirks are all expressly forbidden from being carried, open, concealed or carried in a car. In addition, the law bans any folding knife that has a lock that is able to be drawn in the locked and open position. Also, any knife having a double-edged blade is banned regardless of length; and it includes serrated blades. And no knives with knuckle guards either.

It's also illegal to sell the above in mAssacho$hitz. But there are no laws against buying and collecting such weapons, and if you buy one from a different state (or via mail), it's legal.

11. 345Sire

345Sire Member

Careful, I have a Bic Ballpoint, and I'm not afraid to use it!!:stir:

welderman, Pistolkitty and Zorba like this.
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

The immigrants don't play cricket. They play soccer, and another sport involving goats. :rolleyes:Goat roping just like they do in Oklahoma(?)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    welderman likes this.
  13. 345Sire

345Sire Member

I caught something a few weeks back that said they "only"
    wanted to ban long sharp kitchen knives. Seems they got a few chefs to say long knives don't need points, that any job you needed a point for could be done with a SHORT pointed knife.
    I think maybe I'ma gonna tell da wifey ta find us a joint up in da mountains away frum all de rest uv da peeples.

14. 345Sire

345Sire Member

ROPING? Shame on me, first thing that entered MY mind was "related to inappropriate language on a family forum".:eek::lol:

15. Why don't they just pass a law making it illegal to murder someone. That way they could protect everyone from all violent crimes.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You might be on to something there!!! :clown:

17. adam01364

That's just plain common sense. But common sense apparently isn't common at all.

eldarbeast likes this.
  18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You are mixing issues. This isn’t about carrying.

NONE of that is what the Brits say they want to do, which is to BAN large knives. Not prevent you from carrying them, but banning them from your house, your kitchen, or the country, no matter what your legal reason for having one might be.

And it’s still stupid. Is a 6” chefs knife with a rounded tip NOT going to kill you if it slices an artery, just like a 12” butcher knife would? Or a 3” perfectly legal blade, even in New Jersey?

It’s ALREADY illegal to carry most of those knives...yet bad guys, amazingly, beyond all logic and common sense, seem to be ignoring that law...as they attack and kill people, which is, amazingly, ALSO contrary to the law! It’s as if criminals just don’t care what laws they break!:confused:

So obviously, the correct answer is to make even more laws.:rolleyes:

welderman likes this.
  19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I think they should let Gordon Ramsey tell them how he feels about having his knives made contraband and having them removed from his home.

20. 345Sire

345Sire Member

My keyboard works SO much better with coffee all over it, thank you.

Last edited: May 14, 2018