Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this may have been hashed out before but I'm a newbie and haven't seen it in my lurking as of yet. My question/test/competition/bragging rights is this..... 1: Who has the most rounds through any one of your HP's? 2: Then to cap that who has the most uninterupted rounds through one? IE: not having to go back to the mother ship for repairs. 3: And the last one would be who has the most through one without taking it apart for cleaning? 8)

From some of my readings I would think there are some high numbers out there from these great little inexpensive guns. ;-)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
at one point i had a C9 with something around 5k on it, my current 995 is at about 1500, my C9 is around 1200-ish. ive had them last a little as one magazine and had to go in as well.

ETA if you want comparisons, i have a ruger 10/22 with 130,000 rounds and a glock 17 with 14,500 rounds neither have ever been sent in but have had some parts replaced due to wear.

SW

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Gman put over 2000 through a 995 in a weekend at a training shoot without cleaning, he's got me beat. I've put over 700 reloads using unique through mine without cleaning, and had over 2000 through the rifle when I sent it in the other day(because i lost a part...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corelogic, interesting that you mention cleaning yours after every range trip. That's how I am with all of my guns and mags. So when I heard about these guns not needing a good cleaning (other than a bore cleaning) till close to 1500 to 2000 rounds it made me shudder. lol My first thought was NO WAY! But as time goes on I may just test it out a bit even though my OCD side says I can't! ;-)

Wolverine, I've heard stories of more expensive guns going that far and more. However as much good as I hear about HP's I wanted to find out if that was possible with these inexpensive guns. My Kel Tecs (which I love!) are rated around 6 to 8000 rounds before overhauling or disposing is reccomended by Mom. But those are very light weight guns that get beat up easier by use. Of course KT has a great warranty like HP so no worries for me there. ;-)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Corelogic, interesting that you mention cleaning yours after every range trip. That's how I am with all of my guns and mags. So when I heard about these guns not needing a good cleaning (other than a bore cleaning) till close to 1500 to 2000 rounds it made me shudder. lol My first thought was NO WAY! But as time goes on I may just test it out a bit even though my OCD side says I can't! ;-)
I don't take it apart to clean it. I spray out everywhere I can reach with gunscrubber and then boresnake the barrel. I have some CLP in a spray can so thats how I lube the areas I can't reach.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhhhh.... I thought you meant you tore it down? Well I'm still sure I'll tear it down before I ever even use it. :? I don't like the idea of not knowing how to take a gun apart along with understanding it inside and out before I use it...... Not to mention the whole cleaning thing. I'll try and hold off but somehow I don't think I'll last very long? lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY! The forums back! woo hoo! ;-) maybe now we'll stop getting the bug error's and I'll start getting credited for all my posts??? :?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have twenty 995 magazines and used my Hi-Point at a carbine training course one weekend. The carbine was field cleaned and lubed before the shoot and the ammunition used was 1000rds of Wolf 9mm, 500rds of 9mm Blazer Brass and 500rds of 9mm CCI Lawman. All ammo was FMJ and the only maintenance done during the entire shoot was a single pass of a bore snake at 1100rds to clear any water from the barrel and a quick mist of oil on the outer surface because it started raining and the 995 got soaked. While her rate of fire is slower, less magazine capacity (Just means more reloads during a course of fire) my Hi-Point held its own with guns costing 10X as much. Most laughed at me when I uncased her before the shoot, all wanted to shoot her at the end. Before her refit my 995 had better then 12,000rds fired without problem.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I stopped counting rounds couple years ago. I do a good deep cleaning when I feel I've gone beyond the recommended round count. I've been shooting HP's since early 96. My boys and I hit the range rather regular too. Shoot mostly wolf ammo. Also have a friend who reloads my brass for me. I too get those sceptic looks that turn into curiosity then the guys generally ask if they can shoot a few rounds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The average dude (myself) is only going to put 200 rounds through it to get the feel of how it handles. I have done this with a few shotguns, pistols & Carbines. Then I clean it good & put it up until needed when the SHTF. Thats just me though. I have a work buddie that shoots a ton of ammo every weekend. He is a Survivalist sort of guy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pogo, I don't know where you got your "average" from? But all the "gun" guys I know put way more rounds than 200 through a gun before putting it away!?!? Maybe if you had so many guns that you could shoot one a day and not get back to the original till next year? Matter of fact I've never put a gun away?

Glockman, that sounds like you had a BLAST that day! Very cool! ;-) When you say "before her refit"..... what exactly do you mean by that? Did you send her back to get new parts or did you change out to an ATI stock or what? By the way 12000 rounds without a minor or major problem is a serious testament to these guns! 8)

EDIT: Stupid DEBUG ERROR! Here I was thinking it was all good to go again too! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I've put a thousand rounds through my c9. No problems yet.

The most I ever did in one sitting was 400.

No problems yet.

all

·
Registered
615 Posts
Mine's still new, and I'm still broke.
Not even to the 400 round mark yet, but keep plugging at every chance.
Only polished the ramp, no cleaning as yet.
Put in the case warm, and wait 'til next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck, I plan on getting close to that many rounds through mine this weekend! ;-) So long as I don't have any issues that is? It is a brand new gun after all. :? Wish me luck! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got close to 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I have only had it about two weeks and have not cleaned it yet. Got my CLP and am gonna get on that tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.