Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pics say it all. Oh, and the trees behind him are full sized Pines. That should give you an idea of how freakin' massive this thing is.

That's what I wanna hunt when I get to Alaska. This one is from New Brunswick. Maybe there's something in the water.... :yes:

Oh, and Moose meat is awesome!!! :eat: :eat:

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would be afraid to tag it with anything less than a freight train. I think if I popped it with the Mosin it might laugh, take it away, and beat me with it. Oh yeah and Moose goes great with mashed taters!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the legs on that thing are bigger than the tree trunks around it. I swear, I wouldn't go up against that thing with anything less than a Howitzer. Holy crap that bull is massive!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I got one thing to say about that:

JESUS H CHRIST!!!

I've nearly walked into a moose before...but never seen one that damn big

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Not sure where the pictures came from, but something is screaming photoshop to me. Has something to do with the second picture and the light seeming to come from the upper left of the photo and there still being light spots not in shadow underneath and behind the moose.

Edit: On another thought.... is that a road or a quad trail? Would make a huge difference in perspective if it isn't a doctored photo.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Oh thats Brutus, hes the moose Big Foot rides.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Seems to be a normal-sized Moose to me. I'm pretty sure that's an ATV trail.

Edit: looking at it again, I think the angle is pretty misleading - makes ya think it's much bigger.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

Let's put it this way. I find moose nuggets in my yard from time to time, from where they come in to eat the succulent leaves of my trees and bushes. My yard is fully enclosed by a 4 foot chainlink fence. There are no breaks in it or bends to the top pipe, and the gate is left closed, so the moose must be just casually stepping over it. Picture the biggest horse you ever saw, make its legs a couple of feet LONGER, and that's a decent moose up here.

Mmmmm, reminds me, I should cook up some more of that ground moose I still have in the freezer!

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
I've seen em that big up in Maine A guy I know shot one that took a flatbed truck to haul it around.

Had a guy from my hometown was in Aroostock County [at the tip top of Maine] hit a moose with an F350. The F350's front end was demolished and the motor was in the seat. He was lucky the engine missed him he a few inches.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the angle does have something to do with it, but still dude, that Moose is much bigger than any I've ever seen.

As far as the light and shadow, I don't see any shadow under the bull as there isn't any sunlight under him at all. That ATV trail is covered in shadow, so I can't really use that as a point of reference.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think the angle does have something to do with it, but still dude, that Moose is much bigger than any I've ever seen.

As far as the light and shadow, I don't see any shadow under the bull as there isn't any sunlight under him at all. That ATV trail is covered in shadow, so I can't really use that as a point of reference.
I agree, it's a big moose. But I think some people were just being thrown off by that angle.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Had a buddy of mine hit one in a Coyote kit car on our way to a car show..... I will say he made one heck of a cage for the car, the moose was quite a bit shorter, and the trooper was none too pleased to remove the shotgun from his cruiser! He did however offer to let us keep the carcas, either way we had to move it off the road. I was NOT in the car... I was driving the truck we used to tow it up there. Moose 2 buddy 1.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think I'd need to see shadow in the 2nd pic based on the angle of sunlight and the highlights on the moose and surrounding area. Looks like an access road and about 40'ish foot trees..but that's just me. Just don't look right. You'd see these pics all over the hunting world if it were real before they would be posted here. (if they show up on television..as real..then I'll eat my words)

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
No if you look at the rack THAT is a full grown BULL moose. They are very long legged and about this time of year are the most dangerous animal on the earth [rutting AKA mating season]

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
375 H&H mag is considered small but acceptable for full size bull moose. most guys prefer 416 or bigger caliber. you CAN legally shoot them with 30 caliber rifles but it is not recomended as a wounded bull moose will **** you up.

SW

·
Banned
1,409 Posts
Those pics have been circulating all summer. I've had then sent to me that they were taken Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Maine, Canada, etc.

No matter, that is one big moose.

·
Registered
792 Posts
lol i would'nt take the chance of even trying to shoot it due to me shakin and peein myself. :blink:
i havent ever seen anything bigger than a horse in my life and i was a kid then and im terrified
of horses from that one encounter.im a wuss and i have a save wildlife tag on my car :D

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I would be afraid to tag it with anything less than a freight train...
LOL!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts