Look what I found and who built it

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ari, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Ari

Ari Guest

Built by the Russians...

[​IMG]

2. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Wow, that's pretty cool. Any idea how old it is? Caliber etc?
    I mean I like the Magpul concepts better but this is interesting.
    Are those sights up top? (if so they are kinda crazy)

3. neothespian

neothespian Member

The Magpul is on one of the big Technology Blogs getting a pounding from Anti-Gun advocates. I've tried putting my .02 cents in but all I got were "Yeah right...you don't need a folding gun, and only gang bangers and school shooters will buy this".

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Here's the link of the abuse.
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/11/magpul-fmg-9-flips-from-flashlight-to-submachine-gun/1#comments

But, it only goes to show that back in their heyday, the Soviet engineers were something to be feared!! Those were some sharp guys. Too bad you had such quality combined with such administrative idiocy...

4. Neo, while there is plenty of that on engadget there, it doesn't look as bad as other places I've seen. It actually seems like most people were either indifferent or OK with the idea of the FMG-9 over on engadget. I came across another site where the people were TOTALLY clueless!

Still, you said some awesome stuff on there, so 1 to you for that :D

5. Nifty.

Reminds me of that new Magpul prototype.

6. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

There was a article on it in the 5th edition of assualt weapons. Let me find it and i post it.

SW

7. Ari

Ari Guest

I wonder where Magpul got the idea :wink:

8. Yeah, it's very possible, if not likely that Magpul got the idea from that, but I think Magpul made enough basic changes, just from the short video of it that we've seen, to make it their own thing. Just MHO :)