Looked at a 995 today.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by nsl, Apr 6, 2008.

1. nsl

nsl Guest

Looked at one at a gunshow for $205 OTD.Just couldn't bring myself to buy it.Still leary of getting a crooked shooting gun.Already had that experiance with a Walther G22.

2. Jettster

Jettster Member

I saw a bunch today at a gunshow in Frederick MD at $270.00. I finally bought the buttpad for the ATI, $8!!

3. nsl:

Not sure what you mean by "a crooked shooting gun", although it sounds like you're leery of bad aimers. If so, the 995 is 1) not one to disappoint and 2) if if does, HP will make it right, as long as the problem is not just too much Mountain Dew (my particular congenital defect).

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That (Mountain Dew) is the nectar of which i ran on, up untill last week... started my regime of weight loss, exercise, and hate to say it... modest portions. I had a severe headache for 3 days from caffeine withdrawls... :(

On a side note, The G22 doesn't shoot straight? It costs too much to not shoot straight, doesn't it? (going along the lines of big $$$ = better) That was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, so hold the flames, please. :)

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Well I have a 995 and a G22 and would like to know WTF kind of medication you are taking, I not sure anyone knows what you are talking about, both the 995 and G22 have excellent reputations for accuracy, the 995 especially.

6. Most people report very good results with Hi Point firearms. Get the carbine, you wont be disappointed.

7. my 995 shoots straight every time.get ya one you will love it :D

8. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Member

OC NC
    I just got a 995 and if you like to see lots of holes in the target you will need to get something else. Because mine puts most of the shots in the same hole. It is a lot more accurate than my G22 and that is a fact not an opinion.....cheese

9. nsl

nsl Guest

My G22 was accurate,but the POI changed all the time because of the flimsy front sight and scope rail.It would shoot under an inch at 50 yards,but POI would vary 2-3" every outing.Its a shame because the gun was very fun.