Lookie what I stumbled on

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Blanco, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Blanco

Blanco My dog gives me the bird Member

There are several hunting and guns for sale forums I cruise every day looking for the next big deal.
    I saw an ad for these uppers that turn your Glock into a carbine.
    http://www.mechtechsys.com/
    I have a G21 that has me drooling over one of these now....
    This looks AWESOME and they have bling to go with it....:D

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Glock 21 = $550
    Basic CCU = $360
    Total = $910

For that same money you can get a Glock 21 and a Hi-Point 45 carbine and have 2 firearms that can be used at the same time. :)

3. If you find used, you could get both and some ammo :p

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Nor to rain on anybodies parade here but for $900+ I can probably talk my local pawnshop out of their PSL......or their AR18........or an AR with a 12 gauge combo......or two 1911 clones....;)

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

+1 that.......

6. For the gun person who has or thinks he has everything, and plenty of cash go for it. But for me it would just be impracticable. I am more than happy carrying my 1894 Marlin and 1873 SA both in 44 mag if I want to switch between rifle and pistol in the same caliber.

Yea I have limited ammo capacity with both. But I don't have to call a time out to switch guns because I have to take one apart to build the other.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Not too rain on anybodies parade but I'll be chuckling if I see anybody with the 'carbined Glock' at the range as I let go of 6 foot fireballs in my $175 Sporter Mosin........ ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1403296571.925429.jpg

You happy with that carbine ? BOOM!!
    Can't hear ya, what did you say? BOOM!!
    How much did ya pay for that ?
    BOOM!!!
    Can't hear ya what did you say?
    BOOM!!

Rinse and repeat ;)

8. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

There are so many things that I don’t like about the Mech-Tech Blowback CCU. To me, it’s a Frankenstein. The only Glocks I like are the newer Gen 4 subcompacts. As noted on the Mec-Tech web site, Glock subcompacts don’t work on the Mech-Tech CCU’s. The next thing that bothers me is the warning on the web page which makes me wonder how many other brands of ammo is susceptible to having problems. Then, I’d always be worried about the warranty with Glock should a problem ever develop with the receiver/lower. Could Glock possibly determine that it was used with a Mech-Tech CCU and not honer the warranty? In addition to all this, I’d much rather have a dedicated carbine and a dedicated pistol for immediate use. I want them both available without having to dismantle the carbine and then reassemble the pistol in the field.

That being said, in my opinion, if someone already owns a larger Glock pistol that works with the Mech-Tech CCU and has no further use for the pistol as a pistol; then, I would say that the Mech-Tech CCU may be a viable option.

From the Mech-Tech web site:

Note: Mech-Tech advises the use of factory loaded ammo only for all CCU's) The CCU is a blowback action and therefore is ammo sensitive. If you are experiencing ammo problems try switching brands. For instance reports have been received relative to Underwood as being a problem brand.

Mech-Tech Uppers are not available for sub compact Glocks.

DISCLAIMER:
    NOTE: "Glock" is a registered trade name and Mech Tech Systems Inc. is not affiliated with Glock. Glock has not endorsed the CCU and the fact that Mech Tech Systems Inc. provides the CCU as a Glock accessory in no way is intended to imply that Glock sanctions or is in any way associated with the product.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have seen these blanco. I thought it was a really cool idea. I dont own a glock, but if I did would I need one of these.... no. But, would I wan't one of these.... heck ya. A bit pricey but still very cool.

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Wrong forum.

http://www.glockforum.com/

Because only a fanboi would want one.

11. Well when you accumulate a massive collection you sometimes buy something just because you can or because it's different. I own 46 .44 magnums...if I used the I already have it motto I wouldn't have such a fun collection.

That said I'd buy one of these just to try it out and if it works good keep it for the collection. If not I'd trade or sell it off.

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

I know what you're thinkin' punk. Did he fire 275 shots or 276? ;)

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Lol...... Now that's funny.

14. Blanco

Yeah I know....
    It is a bit pricey.... but I already have the G21 which is an awesome 45.
    To be able to be more awesomer is fantabulous.
    Ya know I never thought I would like a Hi Point - But I own one. And I really like it. Me, if it goes bang I will probably like it. So I guess I'm a Sucker

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  15. Blanco

I just could not resist

Attached Files:

• MT.jpg
      MT.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
  16. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Thats sweeet blanco! You just can't deny that thing is bada#$!

17. papataylor

papataylor Member

Why not just build a British sterling mkIV from a parts kit and have a similar, better looking firearm

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1403585450.952958.jpg

Plus they're cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. Blanco

I would own one!
    Of each ....Like I said I'm a sucker if it goes bang
    A Sterling is cool especially in rock n roll mode

19. Branth

Branth Member

It doesn't take the same mags as your pistol, though.

20. But it does mean tearing one gun down to build the other, just to use the same mags.:rolleyes: