Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with my brother and am less than impressed by the service he got from Buds Gun Shop in Lexington, KY. (actually their police supply store).

I have bought three guns from Buds store in Paris, KY and have had very few issues. Other than having to wait for help in a very busy store, and that I can live with. I've been to the police supply store and found the service "cold".

So he has decided to sell his AR-15. Excuse me for not having details.... After taking it to a few local shops the consensus was they would give him anywhere from $400 to $450. He paid $400 three years ago. I told him of my good experiences with Buds so he took my recommendation and contacting Gurney at BGS, my brother was told they would give him $700 for it. WOW, we thought. So off he went for the hour-plus drive to Lexington....upon arrival. Gurney decided he that not only did he not want to pay $700 for it, he didn't want the gun at all and totally blew him off.

Am I right in thinking this is bull shat? If he didn't want or need any AR-15's why didn't he say that on the phone. Why make my bro drive 80 miles for nothing?

I will definitely not be doing biz with that location and will think long and hard before buying from Buds period.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have heard and seen this going on. Some gun shops are a$$es. That's just the way they are. Just take your gun to other shops and see what they will give. Also, try to talk in person with the gun shop. Just me 2 cents.

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah what is it with gun shops and gun shop owners? i havent met very many other than bigger stores like bass pro shops that are actually nice and willing to talk and help u out, theyre all very a-hole-ish and it's annoying especially for someone like me thats new to guns...anyway im sorry bout ur bro, I bought my c9 from buds online and i had a great experience with them but that's a different experience than going into their store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.