Looking for a source for oversized mag release buttons

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by michaeld1953, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Where can I find a source for oversized mag release buttons for a 995TS. I do not personally need but know a guy about to lose his mind to find a place to get one or some. Can you help? Thank you.
    Michael

2. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Hay guys, Michael is asking about the extended/over sized mag release button to try and help me find some. After an extensive search I somehow got to talked to sbuchho345 over the phone a couple months ago about the ones he had made. (nice guy) He said he can't make them cost effective to consider having a run made. He didn't sound optimistic about a future run. I have some pretty good arthritis going on and the extended/oversized mag release would give me some relief. I'm still looking in to options. If I come up with anything I will certainly let ALL Hi Point sights/forums know... Larry

3. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

OK, now it looks like Scott (the maker) of the extended/oversized mag release buttons may be getting semi close to having enough orders to make a run of buttons. I hope to have more info soon. This is a good addition to the carbines. Joey (trigger/key chain guy) posted a "how to install" video on the buttons and in it he says it's a fine piece of workmanship and liked his new addition to his carbine. Stay tuned, hopefully more to come...Larry

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

OK will it fit the 4095?

5. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Yes, it fit all 3 of them. AND I would guess the 380 that they just announced at the shot show. The 995 needed a tad bit of the post ground/filed down (easy to do) but really the buttons are a piece of cake to put in. I think many of you are going to love the enlarged/oversized mag button. Especially if you have smaller hands or some arthritis going on.

6. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

I wouldn't mind another one. If I remember correctly he did a few different styles.How many more orders does he need to run them? Cost per button? Style?

7. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Not sure witch style he'll settle on and the last guestimate about price was $25 each BUT I really don't know the what, when or how's until he contacts me. More to come...

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    If you search there was a post about making your own from parts available at the hardware store.

9. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I've been looking on all the old posts I could find in all the Hi Point sights/forums. If you find anything let me know. I had thought about hanging out at lows for an afternoon and see what I could come up with but got a new spark of energy to try and contact Scott again. Still working on it a little bit every day. Can't pm Scott because his pm folder is full???!!?...