Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. I'm trying to find a nicely priced WASR 10 or AK clone, but everything just seems to pricey. I've found good prices at impact arms, but everything is out of stock. Anyone got any leads?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks dude.

And I've got a funny story about Rommel since I saw your signature. Back when I played everquest, I had a friend in texas that worked at a military museum. They were setting up a new exhibit and he had to clean out some cases in the basement to bring up. He had to clean out the case that had one of Rommels hat's and Jackets. There was nowhere to put the stuff except on the dirty floor so he just put on the hat and jacket, dusted out the case and put everything back. Just kind of a funny story.

G

·
because the first thing you have to do is stick another 150$ in them to make them into a real AK and not some denuded wannabe rifle.

SW
My buddy bought a .223 Saiga and converted it. It took him about an hour and he said it was pretty simple and fun. I guess in the end you can say you have a true Russian AK rifle.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Ever looked at Classic Arms? They have a few different varieties for several price points. Also many Mosins and K-98's along with other varieties.

http://www.classicarms.us/index.html

Well, I just glanced around while I was getting the link. Only a couple at or under $400 right now, but his stock changes constantly.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I enjoyed doing the saiga conversion that I did. I am with SW though, it sucks having to go spend all that extra to set it up how you want it . Granted it IS great quality but its rather annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
to give it a pistol grip and take ak mags you have to drill some rivets, cut some rivets, etc to remove the trigger plate, replace the trigger group, stock, add a bullet guide(so it can feed from AK mags), etc. Its a fun conversion to do but to do it properly and all it costs 100+ bucks.

G

·
If you are getting a Saiga, get one soon: price is creeping up. Classic has their converted ones (cant remember price) that are 922 compliant.

If the OP still wants a NON-Wasr AK: shop around. Keep your eyes open. Chances are, you will find one that you want. Good luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know. I may just go with one of the specials they have. I don't know why, but I want a bayonet. And I can put a different stock on there myself. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to outfit it with a drum mag and keep it legal.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess my biggest question is this. If I do end up buying the cheaper one, Its still gonna work right....right? I'm looking for function over form here. I'm not expecting it to be crazy accurate. All I'm expecting is for it to throw lots of lead downrange, and fire everytime I pull the trigger. They've got what... 7 moving parts? I figure even the cheap ones work all the time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess my biggest question is this. If I do end up buying the cheaper one, Its still gonna work right....right? I'm looking for function over form here. I'm not expecting it to be crazy accurate. All I'm expecting is for it to throw lots of lead downrange, and fire everytime I pull the trigger. They've got what... 7 moving parts? I figure even the cheap ones work all the time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.