Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by jetguy35, Aug 21, 2015.

1. jetguy35

jetguy35 Member

I have a 4595TS carbine. I am trying to teach my fiancé how to use it. She is interested but she has zero experience with firearms. I have taught her safety practices while handling the carbine and she is doing very well. The problem comes when she tries to load the first round (practicing with snap caps in the mag). She has a lot of difficulty pulling the charging handle back all of the way to load the first round. Do you guys or gals have any advice that I can give her to make it easier? She pulls it about 3/4 back but struggles to get it all the way back to load the round. I have tried offering any advice I can think of but it still seems hard for her. Just curious. Thanks.

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

3. Trailboss

Trailboss Member

Hold the firearm as close to her chest as possible,there is more strength available the closer the hands are to the body.Saw this explained by a female competition shooter once.

4. abyssinmeoff

abyssinmeoff Member

My girlfriend, or fiance for those of you that will call me out on the nomenclature, had no firearm experience when I met her. She picked up a pistol and really enjoyed it. After 18 months together she will not shoot a rifle. She just doesn't like the weight. Maybe give her an opportunity to shoot a handgun first?

5. jetguy35

jetguy35 Member

I only have the carbine but have been wanting to buy a handgun. This may be the perfect excuse to pull the trigger.

6. jetguy35

jetguy35 Member

I think the problem for her is supporting the weight of the rifle while trying to pull back on the handle. I know she can do it but it has proved challenging for her. I'll have to make sure she's holding it close like you are saying though.