Looking for FFL guy in forum

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Bushman98, Jan 30, 2008.

How many magazines would you buy if they were $14?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. 3

100.0%
  2. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None, I already have plenty.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey guys, I wanted to see if anybody here with an FFL would be willing to do us a favor.

I've had it in my head that we need to do a magazine group buy. I called the factory today and they said they only offer large quantity discounts to a person with an FFL (not sure why, didnt ask). So here is my proposition:

1. Find someone with FFL that is willing to put in the effort.

2. Find out how many people would be willing to buy a mag at a reduced rate. For now lets say we could get them 3 dollar cheaper so with shipping, the break even point is probably around 3-4 mags individual order.

3. Order and redistribute.

How does that sound?

2. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

can't help as of yet but I just recieved my ffl and curio & relic apps in the mail today from the atf, i'm in the process of opening a gunshop woith indoor and outdoor ranges here. closest indoor is 45 miles from me and the nearest outdoor range is about 25. no gunshops in this town, only pawnshops. there are no ordinances against them just nobody has ever filled the niche.

3. gvachon

gvachon Guest

If it happens im in.

4. hpman

hpman Guest

Magazines, you know.....guns n ammo, soldier of fortune, newsweek, time, etc...... ; )

5. Har, har har.... funny guy this HPman.

Well, all I got is a 995 so I'm a bit partial to that particular one. Dont know if they would mix and match as long as we bought X quantity... I'm thinking no

@ krippp

How far away are you from licensing and would you be willing to put the effort forward (collecting all the payments, ordering the batch, getting shipping boxes ready, and sending them off)? Lots of work.

6. I would be in for 3-4 995 mags and a couple extra 8rd mags for my C9.

7. hpman

hpman Guest

It would be nice and I'd be in if it will work. I don't know how much we'd be able to save though. The mag for a c9 is only $15 shipped. Even if we could get a discount of $3, the ffl would have to pay shipping costs to each buyer and that would add to the price.

It might be helpful if we could have one of the "HPFF Executives" to arange an inside deal. Place a large order from HPFF membership but have them shipped to each individual directly from HP. They might not do it for anyone but maybe for "someone special".

8. Well, thats why the first step is find a guy with an FFL. They would not give me any pricebreak info without me proving I had an FFL.

Personally, I would buy 5+ magazines. Here is a quick breakdown, if lets say 20 guys ordered 5 mags each and we got $3 off per mag:

5 mags at $17 = $85

5 mags at $14 = $70 + $4.95 (tracked shipping from FFL) + $1.25 (mass shipping split) = $76.20

I would call $3 discount the "worth the trouble" point. Any less, and its not worth the trouble.

9. I added a poll to see just how many people would order.

10. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

at least 90 days away right now but the c & r will be alot sooner and yes, i would be more than happy to put together a discounted package for this forum, just like evil ernie, haven't used him yet but I hear he takes good care of the people on this forum

11. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

also would be really cool if we could work out a deal to sell your(bushman) products and maybe expand your line. but we'll be in touch on that later on

12. My $0.02: For $3 a mag savings, get it from HP and help out the company... esp cause with shipping the savings goes down to $2 a pop. I'd rather HP get the bulk of the profit than a 3rd party seller. Just my opinion.

13. Ok, first off, I'm assuming $3 dollar savings... secondly, I'm sure HP wont sell us the mags for a loss.

14. elguapo

elguapo Guest

If I could get JHP mags for that price, i put down I would order ten.

15. Thats the spririt ElGuapo!

16. i agree. helps them with the great guaranty also.