Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...
This is my first post... I've been looking for a "honey gun" for my wife to carry concealed... we both took the class and turned in our paperwork and are now waiting to get the license in Texas... we both qualified with my Glock 23c but it's too big for her... I got a Hi Point .380 from GunBroker.com sight unseen and it's almost the exact same size as the Glock... I like the gun and you can't go wrong for $160 (it has the compensator which I thought was worth the extra $)... we've been to a shooting range and rented guns and have found she does not like revolvers... we tried the Lady Smith Revolver...
what do you recommend that we look into? she likes semi autos that are easy to use... prefer to have compensator... at least 9mm... prefer .40 cal... easy to conceal... able to fit smaller hands... Glocks are too big in the handle and the smaller ones don't have compensators... we have a $500 budget for this one... what's your $.02? thanks, John

Glock 23c
Hi Point .380
Mossberg 500A
Wasr 10 AK-47
Tec 22
AR- 15 chambered in 7.62 x 39 will be here in about 10 weeks... I can't wait for it!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
You might look at the Bersa line of handguns. I just picked up the 9UC and it's fairly compact. My wife really liked the way it felt. If it's a little big you could look at the Bersa .380CC. Where are you from? If you're close enough I'll let you try out my Bersa 9mm.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The first thing I bought for CC was the Hi-Point .380. It's a great gun, but its not all that concealable for a small framed individual. But its a fine option if you wear the right clothes.... I have have a Hi-Point c9, which is the same gun as the .380, just chambered for 9mm. Same as faras concealability.

Then I had (and still have) the .25auto. Its a slip in the pocket gun, but its underpowered for my tastes.

I had a Charter undercover .38spc snubby, and it was my FAVORITE CCW. I don't have it now, because I have a Dan Wesson .357magnum, and when i get the snubby barrell for it it will serve the same way.

BUT what I use for CCW right now, and is my absolute favorite for CCW of all the gunsw I've ever bought....

The taurus Millenium Pro 745. (.45ACP) 6+1 in the clip, very light. 3.25 in barrell. Will slide into a pocket if need be, and IWB holster, or into a purse, (though these days its hard to find purses that i like) <J/K>. I paid less than 4 bills for it.

Sorry this post sounds like an advertisement. :blink:

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Take a look at the CZ-75 P01, My wife has one in 9mm and she is very happy with it. I got it for her at Academy in Tomball.

Another couple of ideas are a Makarov and a PA-63.

Ron M.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.